Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

My main system partition is full and there are no files that

Customer Question

Hello. My main system partition is full and there are no files that can be removed from it. It's only 21 gigs, and there seems to be this file called ibdata1 in /var/lib/mysql. It's taking up 17 of those gigs... I have much more memory than this on the box, as I have 2x 240 gig ssd drives. The MySQL databases were in use when it hit the 100% memory usage mark and I am afraid that my data could possible be corrupted. I think the best way to go about this would be to increase the partition size, right? I'm just looking for any type of support I can get, as my servers are all offline now and my host company is based in Canada, and I believe they are enjoying Thanks Giving and taking the day off.. Because they have not responded yet.Thanks for your time.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I see that after I posted the question it says that it could take up to 24 hours to respond. I would no longer be interested in paying for this if that is the case. I keep getting notifications though, saying someone is working on it. Every 5 minutes it says another person is working on it.. Are these fake notifications?
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 9 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Which version of Linux you are using ?

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm using CentOS.

On VMWare server?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's hosted at OVH. I access it from ssh/putty.

Boot into rescue mode and follow the steps on : http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_resi...xt3_partitions

It can take a little while to complete. Please back up before doing it.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That page does not exist?

Please click here.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is not the sort of support I had in mind.. I've obviously looked on google for solutions, but I'm not skilled enough to put them into action. I thought I was paying for personal support and not someone to link me to a page.. If you do not know how to guide me through this then tell me so we can stop wasting time.

Without accessing your system I can't do it. Unfortunately our remote support tools do not support Linux. If you can't follow the instructions on the page I suggested, you can't follow the instructions I can give here. Sorry for inconvenience, let me opt out.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Will I be charged?

You can ask for refund.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It said that I would only be charged if the response was helpful. So I assumed I would not be charged unless I was happy.. Do you not have the power to tell someone to give me a refund?

I will report this for refund.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, ***** *****