What does Microsoft omsaddin mean? I am not able to get the…

Customer Question
What does Microsoft omsaddin...

What does Microsoft omsaddin mean? I am not able to get the indexing to function

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Hp probook 4540s Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes office 365

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
10/7/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What indexing of what program is not working?

And, what is the full error message with 'omsaddin', please ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the search option shows over 65,000 items to be indexed and the number has been the same for two days. I tried to do the addin for windows mail search.
to your question:
Outlook 2016
this is not an error message; it appears in the list of disabled items

Is 'omsaddin' perhaps an 'OMS Add-In' ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why should it be disabled?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
should I enable it?

An add-in, is generally an element or small program, that is added to a browser program.

But you are not using a browser, rather an install of Outlook 2016, correct?

OMS Add-On means, Outlook Mobile Service, and allows doing text messaging with MS Outlook.

Your problem has nothing to do with text messages. Or does it? let me know, I'm not sure, from here, yet.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it has nothing to do with the "index" function which is stuck on 65,457 items?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is no problem with Text messages. should I have restarted the computer when I enabled the "addin for windows "search email..?

You might try enabling OMS Add-in. If your Outlook 2016 has any text message items, the indexing of them may be disabled if OMS Add-in is disabled.

Yes, try a restart of the computer.

Then re-join this session here:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/9y9vh-does-microsoft-omsaddin-mean-not-able.html

and let me know the result, please, with regard to your problem. At least let me know if it has been solved!

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok;
I have rebooted;
I have tried enabling Microsoft Outlook Mobile Services" which results in a message that it either decreases the computer usage or causes Outlook to crash and automatically disables it as well as Windows Search Email Indexer'
if I connect you do you think you can fix this so I can see how it is done?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
anyone there?

I am still here.

I don't know what to do to fix this problem; I have Opted Out, opening this case up to other Experts in this category.

Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,
Jason