When I try a restart it will not finish rebooting. I always

Customer Question
have to hold the power...
when I try a restart it will not finish rebooting. I always have to hold the power button down to get it to shut down, then hold it again to restart
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: ultrabook laptop, yoga
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: just yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i updated everything yesterday, that's when the problem of the restart was noticed
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Are you using Windows 7, 8 or 10 on the Lenovo laptop?

May I connect remotely to troubleshoot the issue with you now?

Please reply back to me below, and then we will continue further.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
windows 10
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, you cannot connect remotely, just tell me what is wrong.

OK; does it simply get stuck at the "Restarting" screen each time?

No issues; we will go through a few troubleshooting steps on this page now. Please stand by.

OK, please right-click on the Start button now, and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" - does it bring up a blank command prompt screen?

You need to RIGHT-CLICK on the Start button at the bottom-left now, and then select "Command Prompt (Admin)"; once the black command prompt window comes up, let me know and I'll provide you with a set of commands to run.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im waiting

Did you get my last two replies? Is the Command Prompt up now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry, this is taking too long. thanks but I will go to a friend to fix. please destroy my credit card info

.

Andy, Computer Consultant