I have bought an used Lenovo Thinkcentre M91p wothout

Customer Question
harddrive. JA: Just to clarify, what's...
I have bought an used Lenovo Thinkcentre M91p wothout harddrive.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Lenovo? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have put in a new ssd harddrive trying to run Win 7, but my screen will not work. I have changed to another screen. but with the same result. What would you advise me to do?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, the new harddrive i empty, and I have a cd to get win7 from.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can hear the pc working, but as the screen does not work I can't controll it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
10/2/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

After you installed the SSD were you able to install the operating system or you get a blank screen after installing the SSD?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have done that before many times in my job earlier. so that is not the problem.
My problem is that my screen would not start. It is conected to my pc by vga cable, I just took it over from my old pc to this lenova.
Are there any specialities I should be avare of as regard connection from lenovo til my HP screen?

vga cables are universal and they have D type 9 pin connectors, one end male and the other end female.

Test the cable on a different computer then we can confirm the cable is good or not.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had to cable back to my old pc and here as you understand, my screen is ok, and as my cable works between my old pc and the screen, the only thing I can understand is that there are something within the new pc.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to close down till tomorrow evening, then I will contact you again. In the meantime I hope you have found a good solution for me so that I can put my "New" pc to og. Ps I have checked: my screen si i vga mode.

let me know the time you will be available i will be online and i would like you to remote the ssd and then power on the new computer and let me know if you get any display on the screen.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Michelle
now I am online and anxious to hear what proposal you have for my computer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I saw what you had written yesterday, and to restore my problem I will make a list:
1. I am now using my old Multicom pc.
2. I have bought an used pc Lenovo ThinkCentre M91p without harddrive.
3. I have bought a ssd harddrive and mounted it in my "New" pc.
4. When I start up witg a cd With win 7 I can hear the cd-rom working and see light telling me that it is as it should be.
5. When I turn on the pc my screen does not answer, and after a short while it goes into sleeping mode.
6. I have used the same Connections between the screen and the Lenovo as I am using now as I am writing to you on this old pc..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Originally I was seeking for lenovo support to ask them if there were something special about this lenovo pc that I had to be avare of since my screen would not start, but in a way I was captured by Your program, and I paid the fee to get help, as I tought: let me try you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
closing down

Hi, i am online now let me know when you power on the computer without the harddrive do you get anything on the screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When you were online my clock show 04.52 at night and I was fast asleep.
Now I am online again and I have tried to start the pc without harddrive. The pc made 2 beep, and got silent, and the screen was without reaction at all.

Did you get anything on the screen like a black screen with white writing.

can you get into the bios screen?

7:00 Am your time will be fine if i am online?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no contact at all between the pc and the screen.

Open the cover and check if the display card is on the motherboard (inbuilt) or it has another video card installed on the motherboard slot.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Done, and I removed the fan over the mainboard to see that the display card is Integrated on the mainboard, and there are no other installed.

looks like its an integrated display card correct?

unplug all the devices connected to the computer and only connect a monitor and no keyboard mouse then you try to power on and let me know if you get any initial display on the screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Done. no reaction, on the screen, only two beep from the pc, then silent
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No reaction on the monitor, the monitor and the computer do not find eachother.
What do you suggest?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
From this link you can see the output from the motherboard.
http://www.d9commerce.com/api-connect/image_store/20140930/3770-3263-20140930-8513.JPG
My computer is just like this.

if there is no display there is a problem with the motherboard remove any external connection and the try turning on the pc and let me know the message you get on the screen.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no contact betveen the screen and the pc. When I turn on the computer there is no reaction on the screen
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll be away till saturday evening. May be you have found out something till then.

We need to identify the motherboard when you are back let me know i will try to be online same time and then we can identify the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am on line again.
I am not quite shure how to help you to find the name of the motherboard, but I hav found this on the slip under the box:
Lenovo ThinkCentre M91p
Engine type: 4480
Model nummer : B2G
S/N S4ATHV3
Mfg date 110
Product id 4480B2G
I hope this may help us, if not tell me what to do.
I have gone through it and have analyzed that it could be a problem with the motherboard. I will open the question to other experts for their views.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Good
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is a solution to everything. And most of it can be solved bye using the eyes.
In my wondering and looking I suddenly discovered another screencard, and that was it.
Now the sreen Works normally, and I can start my preperations.
Thanks for Your help, you have eared you Money.
You can Close the case.
Good bye.
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist