Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I've just downloaded my Family Tree Maker from Ancestry but

Customer Question

I've just downloaded my Family Tree Maker from Ancestry but it still shows a different number of people on each of them. Now what do I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please explain your question a little more - "it still shows a different number of people on each of them" - what is it that you are referencing and asking about please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ancestry.com and Family Tree Maker are supposed to be linked together. They must have been unlinked when mackiev bought FTM. Now I'm trying to get them to agree on the number of people I have listed in my Family Tree which should be the same in both the FTM Tree (10168) as it is in the Ancestry Tree (10494). How can I get them synced together?

They are different software, of course, so they may have different settings, as to what to show, what to include, and so forth.

I recommend that you try going through settings for one, and for the other, and find the disagreements in the settings, esp. for people included.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, I'd prefer to talk with someone on the telephone like I do when I have a problem with Ancestry.com who doesn't charge for the service. I followed mackiev's directions on how to do this download exactly like they said to and it obviously did not work. I'm not a happy genealogist at this moment. I've been at this for 30 years and I sure am not going to let someone I don't know mess up all my work. Please refund any monies already spent, Thank You

OK, I understand.

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

However, I have also passed your request for a refund on to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.