Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

Following an update windows 10 download which took a few

Customer Question

Hi - following an update windows 10 download which took a few hours to complete yesterday, I had trouble today trying to open a number of icons such as notifications, file explorer, the windows icon that enables you to shut down and a couple of others. I had similar problems last year following a download of windows 10 update. My computer was operating smoothly prior to the new update. I still can connect to the internet but can't do much else.
I'm not technical but need help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are you still there? by the way I am located in Australia
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Yes i am still here,There was a technical issue on our side that is what caused the delay.I apologize for the technical issue.

Sincerely,

john

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Are you using a Microsoft online account to login to windows 10 ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't understand what you are asking - what do you mean by a online account?
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

I will explain to login to windows 10 are you using password ***** a online account like***@******.*** or are you using a local account just has a user name like Peter?

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Also do you have another PC or a mobile device where you can chat from while doing the instructions i am going to give without interruption because some of the steps needs you to restart the PC couple of times.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm not technical and sorry, I still don't understand the question. I turn on my computer- it goes thru startup processes and gives me a screen with icons. I click onto Google Chrome and when that opens I go to a site and click.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

OK no problem i understand.do you have another PC or a mobile device where you can chat from while doing the instructions i am going to give without interruption because some of the steps needs you to restart the PC couple of times.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You can call me on my home phone(###) ###-####or +61359820480 if you are overseas - I don't have any other devices
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Sorry to say i cannot provide phone support.

Note: - Please bookmark this page, use that bookmark to open this page in case you get disconnected from this page, In case that doesn't work. Then you can get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer option in the email click on that and you can open this page. You can also use the welcome email from justanswer to open this page too there is a check my answer option in it to open this page. That email also has you justanswer user name and password ***** login.

Once you have done that i will give you instructions to do system restore to see if this can be fixed.

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

May i give you the instructions to do system restore?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry John - it doesn't make sense to me what you are trying to do and the email is just confusing.
Thanks for trying to help but I need to talk to someone from microsoft.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Sorry about the confusion.If you want i can access your computer and check the issue directly.Let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks anyway but I need to talk to someone and as you can;t provide phone support I'll try to get onto Microsoft
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Please give me a moment

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

I will open this to other experts who can provide you phone support.Please be online for couple of minutes

Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 10 months ago.

I think,I can help you in it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That sounds good but I have been talking to you guys for over 40 minutes and we haven't even started to fix the problem. Are you going to call so we can verbally discuss the issues?

Give me a min. I will give me one small document with step by step instruction ,You can follow them to resolve this issue.

I got your question,I worked on similar issue earlier. You just need to revert those updates and restore your PC to previous date.You need to type System resote in the serch box as shown in the attached image and then click on system restore option.

Follow the on-screen instructions and select the desired Restore Point when prompted. You can also click the Scan for affected programs button before going any further, to see what might change on your PC afterwards. When you’re happy to proceed, click Next. You will see image as shown below once you click on system restore.

Were you able to follow the above steps ? Any luck after doing this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I typed "system restore" in the search box and it came up with a google search. I didn't get the box as per your jpg example.

You need to open a start menu and then type System Resore.By pressing window button as well you will be able to open it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm sorry - don't understand what a start menu is - I'm not technical.
I'm tied, frustrated with computers and sorry we couldn't fix this.
I'm going to bed- thanks for trying but not being able to verbally talk to you has been a big hinderence.

Can we talk using skype ? Whenever you are available ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Don't have skype - good night

Okay .Good Night !!

I can call you now. I just found a way to call Australia. Are you available now ?