Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

How do I fix my computer screen that I somehow made sideways

Customer Question

how do I fix my computer screen that I somehow made sideways
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 12 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your computer?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Solution #1:

- Please make sure you did press at the same time the 3 keys Ctrl, Alt, and Arrow UP on the computer's keyboard, then release, and check.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, right-click on an empty space on the Desktop screen, then click on option Screen resolution or option Display settings

, then on the right of the item Orientation, click on the the dropdown list (usually you click on Portrait option), then click on the option Landscape

, then click on Apply at bottom, and confirm Yes / OK, and check.

Solution #3:

- If that does not work, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window should open

, then open Appearance and Personalization / Display

, then click on option Adjust resolution

, then on the right of the item Orientation, click on the the dropdown list, then click on the option Landscape

Solution #4:

- If all fails, right-click on an empty space on the Desktop screen, then click on option Graphics Options, or ATI Catalyst Center, or NVDIA, then look for the option Display / Rotation / Orientation, etc., then set it to Landscape, then apply / OK, and check.

- If there is still any issue, please let me know if your computer has Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,