My printer will not print off my computer. I changed the ink

Customer Question
and I checked the conections...
my printer will not print off my computer. I changed the ink and I checked the conections . will you help me?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is a canon printer and model 1K0339
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no but thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2016
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. When you try to print, does it print out a blank page or does it print nothing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It prints out a blank page

Thank you for that information. This is a common problem with ink jet printers that are not used frequently. The ink that is left in the nozzles can dry up and clog the nozzles. May I ask how long you have owned this printer? I ask because I am having trouble locating a user manual for it. Is there a display on the printer? We need to run the built-in Canon printhead cleaning utility.

Cleaning the Print Heads from Your Computer

The print head cleaning function allows you to clear up clogged print head nozzle. Perform print headcleaning if printing is faint or a specific color fails to print, even though there is enough ink.

The procedure for cleaning the print head is as follows:

Cleaning

1. Open the printer driver setup window

2. Click Cleaning on the Maintenance tab

When the Print Head Cleaning dialog box opens, select the ink group for which cleaning is to be performed.

Click Initial Check Items to display the items you need to check before performing cleaning.

3. Execute cleaning

Make sure that the machine is on and then click Execute.

Print head cleaning starts.

Important

• Do not close the paper output tray until the cleaning is complete.

Complete cleaning

The Nozzle Check dialog box opens after the confirmation message.

Check the results

To check whether the print quality has improved, click Print Check Pattern. To cancel the check process, click Cancel.

If cleaning the head once does not resolve the print head problem, clean it once more.

Important

• Cleaning consumes a small amount of ink.

Cleaning the print head frequently will rapidly deplete your printer's ink supply. Consequently, perform cleaning only when necessary.

Deep Cleaning

Deep Cleaning is more thorough than cleaning. Perform deep cleaning when two Cleaning attempts do not resolve the print head problem.

1. Open the printer driver setup window

2. Click Deep Cleaning on the Maintenance tab

When the Deep Cleaning dialog box opens, select the ink group for which deep cleaning is to be performed.

Click Initial Check Items to display the items you need to check before performing deep cleaning.

3. Execute deep cleaning

Click OK when the confirmation message appears.

Print head deep cleaning starts.

Important

• Do not close the paper output tray until the deep cleaning is complete.

Complete deep cleaning

Check the results

Important

• Deep Cleaning consumes a larger amount of ink than Cleaning.

Note

• If there is no sign of improvement after Deep Cleaning, switch off the machine, wait 24 hours, and then perform Deep Cleaning again. If there is still no sign of improvement, the ink may have run out or the print head may be worn. For details on the remedial action to be taken, see "Ink Is Not Ejected."

If you'd like, I can offer the PREMIUM SERVICE of a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION. This will allow me to see exactly what is happening on your computer and to work on the problem while you watch. This is completely optional. If you do not choose to take this service, please give these instruction a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist