Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a Century Link modem and cannot play games on

Customer Question

I have a Century Link modem and cannot play games on facebook because it is too slow. there tech support said my modem is fine and that I should contact Microsoft as thay have had many customers with the same problems with windows 10
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

you can check the speed of your internet by clicking on the link given below.

To get accurate speed result use a computer connected to the modem and open IE or Chrome to detect and test.

www.speedtest.net

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just did check the modem speed Download speed was 3.02mps and upload speed was .69
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

your internet speed it very slow is it a dsl or a cable connection?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DSL
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

who is your ISP?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Century Link. Their Customer support said my speed was OK but they have problems with windows 10
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Ok is not the answer you need to call up and check what speed have you signed in for in a monthly plan and what is the data cap or threshold. If your monthly data is exhausted then you will have to wait for the coming billing period to get your normal speed of the internet.

Since how long the speed issue started?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only a couple of days Never had a problem until just recently
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

what i believe is you have exhausted your data you will have to wait till the next billing cycle start. Call up Century Link to check your data usage and the next billing cycle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating for the service and effort.Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am not satisfied. When I was talking to Century Link they would have told me I had exhausted my data I have never exhausted my data. They told me to contact Microsoft because they have problems with windows 10. I thought I had contacted Micro soft but I got you instead
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Did you run speedtest if your isp says your data in not exhausted?