I have a dell desktop with wireless eyboard and mouse and

Customer Question
the mouse stop working it...
I have a dell desktop with wireless eyboard and mouse and the mouse stop working it gets stuck at every move, any ideas??
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: this a inspiron XPS
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: on the ones than come automatically from windows
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the mouse that sticks, a ball mouse (with a ball on the underside showing through a hatch) or an optical mouse (with a red light or lights on the underside) ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No this is got s little light under the body of the mouse there is no ball and just a scroll whee on top
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
EOS windows 10 64 bit 32 gigs of ram the mouse was made bu Logitech as well as the keyboard but that the way they came from factory

OK. An optical mouse.

Unless you are using it on a very non-reflective surface, it ought to be working as far as the optical/lights tracking is concerned.

How new is the Logitech optical wireless mouse (and corresponding USB plugin) ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i already did and see no activity. what's going on ??

I'm sorry - I had my attention diverted.

I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks for your reply

Has it ever worked properly?

Are you using it on an unusual surface?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The Mouse and Keyboard had worked great since I got the system a year ago, but the wireless mouse gets stuck at every move to do my work sometimes i had to used someones computer to complete my assignments.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what's cooking ????

I'm here.

How recently did the problem with the mouse occur?

Does the mouse run off the same USB dongle as the keyboard? (i.e. is the keyboard a part of the wireless-keyboard-and-mouse package as it was bought/delivered/installed by you?)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This mouse is not connected to a USB port when it came from DELL all I had to do was power up and everything was working, but after a year is been nothing but a problem, please give a hand on this issue.

OK.

Is the keyboard wireless too, or not, please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the keyboard was getting stuck too, bu, for reason it's not doing it again
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is wireless

Well, then. If the keyboard is wireless too, and there is no USB dongle, then could you tell me what the model # is, of either keyboard or mouse, please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
russell are you still there

Still here.

If the keyboard is wireless too, and there is no USB dongle, then could you tell me what the model # is, of either keyboard or mouse, please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It looks to me that we have been dicking around with this issue with no results, i'm tire of waiting for you people to do some thing
about it and got no results. So thanks for where ever you try to do for me, but, I'm not going to waste my time waiting for a answer that's not going to show.

If they are both working through Bluetooth (keyboard and mouse) but one does not have a problem, then the mouse may be going bad, simply.

If under warranty report it to Logitech and have them fix/replace it under warranty.

If not under warranty, Logitech isn't hot on repairing out-of-warranty, a mouse is cheap, replacing the mouse would be in order.

That's the best I can offer at this point. I think it's fairly accurate, from the data I have.

Andy, Computer Consultant