Advanced Android question...Samsung S7...the torch stock app

Customer Question
turns off when phone is...
advanced Android question...Samsung S7...the torch stock app turns off when phone is flipped over or pointing downwards. Need to figure out how to fix
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
9/14/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today.

The issue you are describing has to do with Gestures that are programmed into the phone. You can access that by going to Settings > Gestures. On the Gestures page, just go ahead and disable the Gestures. Once that is complete, you will be all set.

One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The phone is running Marshmallow and there is not longer a standard gestured area...it doesn't appear in accessibility and in settings-advanced features there is only the pop up view gestures to select (which has no bearing)...any other ideas?

In your case, you can access it by going to Settings > Call > Gesture

Or you can go to Settings > Display > Screen Gesture.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no settings-call exists for sure....and settings-display gives font options, display scaling, icon backgrounds, screen timeout, smart stay (which is off), Always on display with is also off, night clock, screen mode (adaptive display which is normal), LED indicator, and screensaver. It's like gestures disappeared with this update. A customer has this issue of the torch going off when the phone faces downwards, seems to be a couple forums about it but nothing concrete for me to get it to stop...

No such setting exists "For sure"? Which items do you see?

If you simply, need a good flashlight app that will always work, you can download and install the one found on the following page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.surpax.ledflashlight.panel&hl=en

That is the flashlight app that I have been using for as long as I can recall.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/18762/20141026/flashlight-apps-are-spying-on-users-android-ios-windows-phone-smartphones-is-yours-on-the-list.htmAt our store we do not recommend using these apps due to many articles such as the above. Thank you for trying to solve it, I have to figure out why the stock app is doing this. I will likely do a backup and restore to appease the client

Thank you. Please, keep me updated.

Jason Jones, Computer Expert