I am on my iPad asking you a question. On my desk top I have

Customer Question
I am on my iPad...
I am on my iPad asking you a question. On my desk top I have been locked out of my Microsoft. I do not remember my pass word when I go to reset password ***** says The password ***** disk is in the following drives
Removable Disk (E) again another (E), (F) and (G). None of these open up.
What can I do to get in?
Please help I would appreciate it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
9/11/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Prior to losing your password, had you created a password ***** usb or cd?

if not, then you cannot use that option to easily reset your windows 7 computer. Question, when you start the computer is your user account the only one it shows you that you can click and enter a password *****? Are there any other use accounts showing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing is showing except my picture and to enter password
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will be moving in a month and will no longer be using this computer. I will buying a laptop.

Lets try this. Shut down the computer completely.

Then, press power to start the computer and immediately start tapping the F8 key..

On the black screen, advanced boot options men. Choose safe mode.

Now, when it shows the sign in page does it now show more then just your one user account?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you I am shutting down now

Ok, what other accounts do we see by name? And does it show whether they are standard or admin accounts

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now it has gone back to type in my passw
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't reconize anyone there were about 20 lines but it is gone already. I am the only one that uses this computer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should I try and redo it again
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still with me Dustin

My apologies for the delay.. When you said "yes" can you please explain.. What happens when you tap f8 and choose safe mode ?

How many accounts do you see when you choose safe mode?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There were a bunch but it went so fast I could not read them all
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My life is on this computer do you think you can get me back in please

I can get you back in. The question is, what method is going to work for us.

Now, when you say it all went by too fast.. what went by too fast? The black page with the choices of safe m ode?

Or, did you use your keyboard arrows and enter key to select safe mode?

The only way I can help you is if you get very specific, as you are my eyes and ears in this operation.

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have had this computer for 6 years and do not remember how I set it up

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They say loaded Windows system And some other things but can't get the rest because it turns off so fast
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Metro that was one of them
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have been trying to get more but it shuts off faster than I can read them
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I used the keyboard tab and the mouse
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried again it it didn't even let me get to set up went right to password
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Snap. Net to.

It sounds like you dont have windows 7..

Did you upgrade to windows 8 or 10 at some point?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you do the trouble shoot
No I have a lap to but it is a 10
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is not really set up yet

lets focus on the computer that you cant get into due to the password.

Do you know if its a windows 7, windows 8, or windows 10?

This is very important, as each version of windows has almost entirely different password ***** steps..

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Diffently a 7
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Someone has hacked into my computer do you think

Allright.. is it a dell, Asus, HP, etc?

This is important as we will need to change the boot order, so we can boot from a password ***** disk.

Also, we will either need to use another computer to create the disk, or you will need to order a pre made password ***** key online.. Such as this, http://amzn.to/2cO2mhx

Now, we can create something like that using another computer, but you need either a spare usb stick, or a spare CD. And then we of course have to download the program, properly burn it to the usb and then go from there.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HP
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have another computer that I can make a disk on.
If I get someone to get my new laptop set up I can use that.
But he is working, a neighbor
Of mine

This link shows us how to change the boot order.. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00364979

Once we have the boot order changed, we can then boot from a cd, or from a usb stick like the one above.

You mentioned you have a second computer, would you like to use that to try and make a reset key? Or would you prefer to purchase a pre made password ***** key, such as this? http://amzn.to/2cO2mhx

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Give do have the other computer and I have a cd

Or, when you say the windows 10 computer isnt set up. All we should have to do is turn it on.

And then when it asks set a computer name, and it may also ask you to create a microsoft account ( if you dont have one already )

Once your at the windows desktop, youd just need to connect to wireless, and then you would be online so we could download the needed files to create a disk.

If you would like to go through the setup process together, turn it on and if you get stuck at any point let me know exactly what screen you are on and what the computer is asking for.

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try from my computer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just go on the link you told me

If you only wanted to order the password ***** key, the link I sent you would be fine.

If we want to create a password ***** key together, then we need to get your windows 10 machine up and working.

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist