Computer has trouble finding DNS address when I start up the

Customer Question
computer and after the computer...
computer has trouble finding DNS address when I start up the computer and after the computer has been idle for a while. Running Windows 10. I have to click the retry button for about 5 times. Also the circular arrow retry button and the icon in the upper left hand corner flickers sometime randomly (not related to the other problem above.)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
9/10/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Brent Woolverton,
 replied 1 year ago
Brent Woolverton

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your networking.

The first thing that we should do is troubleshoot the network to make sure that we are connected. From the start menu please type "Command" and select the option for Command Prompt. Once the command prompt has loaded please type 'ping 8.8.8.8' without the quotations. Please provide the results. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Packets sent and received 4 Average round trip time 39ms
 replied 1 year ago

Excellent. This means that we have a solid network connection. Please type 'Network' in the start menu and select the 'Network and Sharing center' Once this has loaded, please select 'Change Adapter Settings'. Now that a new page has loaded, you will Right click on 'Lan adapter' or 'Wireless Adapter' depending upon if you are connected by network cable or wireless respectively. Select properties.

Now that the new dialog box is open, double click on the option that says IPv4. An option should now be available for setting a static dynamic DNS. Select that radio button and input for the primary DNS 8.8.8.8 and the secondary DNS 8.8.4.4. Please click ok until you are back to the Change Lan Adapter page and test your network Internet via a browser. Please advise me if your results.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did the last thing but it said it needs at least one IP address.
 replied 1 year ago

Would it be possible to take a picture of the Network dialog box and upload it here? Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
attached
 replied 1 year ago

Thank you. On the top radio button please select an IP Address automatically option, then press OK all the way down

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Seems to work.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will that cure the flickering also? Any other tests? Will things load faster now?
 replied 1 year ago

Sorry about the delay. My local internet provider had an outage. That should resolve the icon flickering as I believe that's detecting an internet outage. The internet should load slightly faster as it has a direct route to the DNS server rather than one that was faulty. I hope that I have resolved your issue. If so, please accept my answer and rate my service.

Thank you and I hope you have a wonderful evening.

replied 1 year ago

Hello again,

I look forward to hearing if your issue has been resolved. If so, please accept the answer and rate me for my service. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It did not solve the flickering. What could be causing that?
 replied 1 year ago

That may not be an issue. Some pages have an auto-refresh feature to deliver new content. You may notice it flicker because it is doing that refresh.

Brent Woolverton
Brent Woolverton
Brent Woolverton