Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Touchpad on Satellite L875D-S7322 quit working after windows

Customer Question

Touchpad on Satellite L875D-S7322 quit working after windows 10 update
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 year ago.

Hello Doug, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble, and I will help you now.

Since this is a Windows 10 software/driver issue, the fastest and easiest way for me to help you fix this problem would be a remote connection to your computer. I can fix while you watch and communicate with me. Would you like remote services?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can't afford additional costs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if this is going to cost extra everytime I need assistance, I want to cancel my subscription

I can continue to help you through Q&A, but it can take longer and be more difficult that way.

I sent you a very low cost remote offer if you'd like to accept that, since you mention the cost of the remote. If not, then just let me know and I'll continue to help here. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cancelled my membership. I will not pay any additional costs.

I'm not sure if you want to continue here or not, so I will opt your question out to other experts for review. They will be with your shortly. Thank You.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

You dont have to use our subscription / membership.

And there is no need to pay any additional costs over top of the agreed value for support. If you would like to continue, what I need to know is when you say the machine quit working.. Please be detailed and specific.

What exactly happens when you start the machine? What do you see on screen?

Thank you,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My cursor moves using mouse. Touchpad is not working at all. Cursor does not move using touchpad. I have gone to find devices and touchpad does not show at all.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Good find~

Most likely, we just need to download and reinstall the touchpad driver.. This is the synaptic's driver for the specific model you listed

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/tca0082300g.exe

Once downloaded, make sure to open it and install it.. And then restart the computer. Then, test the touchpad, if it is working great , let me know. If it isnt working, check the device manager and see if you show a touchpad driver now and if so, right click it and see if its enabled or disabled.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.