Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

My windows Store app as well as apps I got from the Store ha

Customer Question

My windows Store app as well as apps I got from the Store ha disappeared. Simultaneously, my start menu was cleaned out. How do I fix this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

In order to help you, I need to know what operating system you have on your device. Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, or do you have a Mac?

What device are you using make/model?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am using Windows 10 on an HP Envy 850

Did you upgrade recently? Install new software, antivirus etc? Do you remember anything that you signed up for, downloaded etc.

recently right before the change?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No changes I'm aware of.

This is the simplest way to start if you can remember about when it started/date?

Shut down the windows 10 computer, start it.. When it gets to the windows sign in screen, dont sign in.

Instead, left click the power button at the bottom right.

Then, hold down the shift key on your keyboard, and then click restart.

This should bring you to the blue screen menu.. Choose troubleshooting, advanced, and then choose system restore.

Once system restore loads, choose a restore point that was one day before this problem started and then carry out the system restore.

That should fix the issue, but if you get stuck or this doesnt work then please send a detailed reply and I will assist you further as needed.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Isaac, there are a few things I need to know before I do this. Will this act take down the apps and data I have on the machine? Are there other important side effects from this action?

This is a 'soft restore', not a full factory reset. It will only affect what you have done since the time you reset it too. It wont touch

any programs or files from before the day you choose since the issue occurred. Can you remember around when this started?

If it was only the last couple of days, it will only affect things you have downloaded in that time frame.

This act sets the computer back to the way it was before the issue started. That is all. Nothing more.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It started yesterday, 9/4/16, so I should restore to 9/3/16 correct?

Absolutely. If you have that as a restore point, it is perfect. Just make sure to follow instructions precisely.

We want a soft restore, not a factory restore.

Update me when this process ends with the results. It will take a bit to restore.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Isaac, it didn't work. I had a restore date of 9/1/16 so I used that. After some time I got an error message stating System Restore was unable to complete the restore due to "an unspecified error (0x800700b7)". This is very disappointing. You've been paid, now lets do some heavy lifting and FIX THE STORE ISSUE!
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 11 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

If you still need help with this, may I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there an additional charge for this remote session?

There is a small charge for the remote because it will take a bit more of my time. That will be the final charge and keep in mind that all of our work is guaranteed with a 100% money back guarantee.

Are you still with me?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Jason, lets be frank, I paid $52 for an answer that I could have gotten for free from the Windows Knowledge base. Now you want more money. I this a scam? There was supposed to be a 100% guarantee on the first $52. Where did that go?

You worked earlier with a different technician. They left the conversation. I honestly do not have time to debate costs. Let's just do the remote now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 14 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want my $52 back!

You don't wish to continue with me? I offered to do the remote at no extra cost and you chose not to do that.

Okay. I will close this out. Thank you for your time.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I have sent up your refund.