Somebody has been in my gmail account without my permission.

Customer Question
That occured on 3 different...
Somebody has been in my gmail account without my permission. That occured on 3 different occasions. The first was 29.august. 2016, the second and third time was 2. September 2016. How do I repport it and who do I repport it to? My gmail account name is***@******.***. I have a suspision its my ex girlfriend, who made the accound for me because I can see it was a mac that logged on to my mail address.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: Since september 2 but someone logged on august 29 from a mac in copenhagen
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: she, nina aaling, is the only person apart from me that knew my password ***** security questions as it was her that made the account for me
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
9/4/2016
Tech Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Sorry to say that there is not system to report such activity in gmail/google but you can prevent this from happening again by changing the password ***** account recovery options.

Do you want to do that?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ive done that.but want to know here to report it

Sorry there is no option to report such activity to google,sorry about that.

Did you see this unauthorized access after you changed the password?

Did you change the password ***** options like mobile,email and secret question ?

Also did you check if your emails are being forward to any other email account?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Iv changed my password ***** security questions.the rest I dont know how to do

I will guide you to do that

Are you currently signed in to your gmail account ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think so
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am now

OK then open this link : - https://security.google.com/settings/security/secureaccount and it will show the recovery options,in that see if its showing your mobile and alternate email used in it for changing password?

If not remove the current and add yours and verify it.

Once that is done let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Done

Good,you did change both and verified both too? if not the unauthorized user can again change the password ***** regain access.

Now see if the alerts to such unauthorized is sending to your phone or not using this link : - https://security.google.com/settings/security/alerts

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Changed the pass word only will change the quetions now

I am little bit confused here so please make sure you changed the password,secret question and its answer,account recovery phone number and email to yours active mobile and email.

Then see if the number you gave to alert you is yours using the link i gave above.Once you have changed it click on Done.

Then let me know .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the help. Have a nice day.

One moment

There is one more setting you need to check which is to see if anyone else is forwarding your emails to to his

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks again. The rest I can handle myself.

Click on this link to open settings page of gmail : - https://mail.google.com/mail/#settings/general then see if there is any address listed in forwarding and pop up/imap

That's all

If you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate positively using the options just below this chat box select the rating and click on submit. If you have any further questions or if you are not satisfied please reply back to me and let me know what else you need to know or the reason for not satisfied so that I can help you better.Have a Great God Blessed Day.

Sincerely,

John, Computer Support Specialist