Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

With a new phone and tablet, I attempted to sign in to my

Customer Question

With a new phone and tablet, I attempted to sign in to my account. I am still signed in to our laptop. I cannot login and hitting forgot password ***** takes me in circles with over 17 verification codes that will not work. Got any ideas. Phone is Android.
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Who is your email provider? This is the part of your email AFTER the @ sign.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Google

On your laptop, are you logged in to your mail account with a browser such as chrome, firefox or internet explorer? If so, do you happen to know if you have the password ***** the email SAVED in the browser?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am using internet explorer. No, I have tried every password ***** have ever used

Actually, what I'm asking is on the computer, with internet explorer, if you logout of your email, would you have to type a password ***** log back in, or do you have it saved in your browser on the computer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am afraid to sign off because at least now I can check email on this device. As I said I have tried every password ***** can remember.

Please tell me more details about this google account.

Do you know when/where/how/why the password ***** have been changed?

Have you already gone through account recovery with Google on your PC? This is when Google will ask you account security questions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The kids went again this weekend while we were gone. I have gone through 15 key words that I check on line. I think that cake was pretty stale also. Hard to give up when they met Peter. that he was a hard bactor.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your previous response.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have gone through Google recovery and they give me a verification number that does not work. I do mot know if the password ***** stored. It was changed going through the recovery process.

I am actually out of ideas on this, so will opt out to other experts for review. An expert will be in touch with you soon. Thank You.

Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I will try retrieving your google / gmail email account password ***** through your computer for you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,