Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My Gateway ZX6980 will not turn on. The power button just

Customer Question

My Gateway ZX6980 will not turn on. The power button just blinks on and off.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

The geek squad at best buy is notorious for over charging, and for mis diagnosing issues. Im sorry to hear about the experience you had with them.

When you press the power button to turn on the machine. How many times does the power button blink on and off.. Can you count the blinks. ( and try a few times, is it always the same )

Thank you,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It blinks for as long as I have the power cord attached.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It blinks steadily
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Ahh..

This may have been an adapter issue all along then. H ave you tried a new power adapter? http://amzn.to/2bPoTMn

Also, when they replaced your motherboard did they check or replace your power supply? http://www.cdsparts.com/p-3559-new-gateway-one-zx6800-zx6810-zx6900-zx6951-computer-power-supply-250-watt.aspx

As you see, im focusing on the power supply.. But it could also be the Ram. Because when best buy replaced the motherboard they would have kept the power adapter, power supply and ram from the previous machine. And one of those three things is causing this issue. Its doubtful the old motherboard needed to be replaced. ( did they keep the motherboard or give it back ? )

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. You gave me some extra things to look at. L think your service was excellent.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

I seen you started a duplicate, and that duplicate has been closed so I cant see what you posted.

im willing to co ntinue working with you on this over the long haul. The last thing I want is for you to get bounced back and forth between tech support especially considering the ordeal you had with the Geek Squad at Best Buy.

So if your willing to keep in touch and communicate on this page, Im happy to work through this issue with you.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.