Computer virus. cannot open windows safe mode - configures

Customer Question
computer virus. cannot open...
computer virus. cannot open windows safe mode - configures updates then says unable and reverts updates in a continuous loop .
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
8/29/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 1 year ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but the problem is I cannot even open windows
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
computer got a virus
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i was trying to log into computer in safe mode
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but as soon as it is ready to open it tries to configure some updates but ht\\th en reverts in a continuous loop .

can you go to the start menu and search msconfig and open that?

Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is*****'m sorry that you've had to wait for an answer. I understand that you can't open windows, so of course you can't get to the start menu. Let me try to help you get into safe mode. Can you tell me the brand and model of the computer that you are having trouble with? The procedure can vary from one computer to another. Also, do you know what version of Windows you have on the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i dont belive i can get to start menu

Can you tell me please what brand and model your computer is? Also, do you know if it had Windows 7, 8, or 10 on it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is hp desktop windows 7 home

Thank you. Please give me just a moment to provide detailed instructions for starting it in safe mode.

Use the following steps to start Windows 7 in Safe Mode when the computer is already off:

1. Turn on the computer.

2. Tap (Press and release) the F8 key repeatedly when the computer begins to boot. Continue unti you see the Windows Advanced Options Menu

3. From the Windows Advanced Options Menu, use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode with networking, and press ENTER .

When the Windows desktop appears, Safe Mode is displayed in the four corners of the screen and the desktop might look different than it usually does.

Please give this a try and let me know if it works for you. After 3 boot failures, the computer will usually go in to safe mode automatically if you just restart rather than turn the computer off.

Were you able to boot in to safe mode?

If so, my recommendation is to use system restore to restore the computer to a time before the problem occurred. It may be a problem with a corrupt Windows update file rather than a Virus. If that is the problem, a system restore should solve the problem. However, just in case you do have a virus, I have attached a pdf with detailed instruction for thoroughly scanning and cleaning your Windows 7 computer for Malware, Spyware, and Viruses.

If you still weren't able to boot into Safe mode please let me know as there are other methods that we can try.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a positive rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist