Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My computer did an automatic upgrade overnight from 7 64 to

Customer Question

My computer did an automatic upgrade overnight from 7 64 to 10 64. 10 64 worked for awhile then fell apart. I got it fixed for awhile but now it will not boot up, but rather I have to use the unregistered 7 64 backup it made. It goes through the motions of booting to 10 64, then switches to repairs. After that a menu is given with a sub-menu. The only choice that works based on my limited knowledge is the 7 64. None of the repair choices work. I have a 10 64 ISO file. I think it is good but it is not current. The original 7 64 product ID is good that is on the computer. I do not know where the 7 64 disc is at. Can I install the 10 64 program on the computer and correct this problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 11 months ago.

Sounds like the first upgrade to Windows 10 was bad. yes you can install the 10 64bit program on your computer. You will have to download a clean install of windows by going to the Microsoft website to do that. You can go here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/ and download the tool and then choose 64 bit and then download a clean install of Windows 10 64 bit.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will have to wait till tonight or maybe tomorrow night. I have a blank USB of DVD. I trust the USB better. If I do it after midnight I have unlimited downloads. If I do it during the daytime I will get hit with high charges as I have satellite Internet.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 11 months ago.

Ok no problem. Keep me posted.