A desktop today and when i,m using your keyboard the letters

Customer Question
that i type dont come...
a desktop today and when i,m using your keyboard the letters that i type dont come up therefor i cant make the hp to get on line.please advise
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer:(###) ###-####
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i cant get the keyboard to write what i type as the letters are all jumbled up,and what i type does not show same,therefore i cant get on the internet,i,m using my laptop to talk to you.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: yes i coukld not finish setting up my computor because of the letters
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
8/28/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What desktop system are you asking about, and is it new?

Name the desktop system by its maker (e.g. HP, or Dell, etc.) and its model number or at least its model line name.

Let me know - I think I have a solution for the problem, but I have to go by what maker name your desktop is and its model line or model name, please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is a new computor today and it came with the keypad and a mouse,the keypad has the hp logo on the back,so why won,t it work. jerry
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the computor isa 251-a119w serial #4c154509rw product #nob26aaa#ABL
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE PRODUCT YOU PEOPLE SELL

OK. The keyboard may have been set to a foreign country's keyboard type. That would make it type the wrong letters.

Have you logged in to Windows yet? If so, I will direct you how to correct the situation - using your mouse only.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
with much difficulty,also i tried another keyboard,same problem jerry

OK.

Go to Control Panel.

Then go to

Region

(switch to View mode for Large Icons, if needed, to find the Region)

Then select US under the Location tab, of course, and also on the Administrative tab, select

Change System Locale

if it is not already set to English (United States) and set it to that.

And click on OK to save the changed setting.

See if that helps with the keyboard and its keys and how they look when you type!

Let me know how it goes, and rate my answer if it goes well, please. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

What's that for?

How has that set of instructions gone?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on the new computor i sent***@******.***,also where is the control panel on this com. jerry

...first, the Start button

then, Control Panel .....should be there in the menu that comes up when you click or tap on the Start button (usually at the lower left of the screen, after logging in to Windows.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i dont think you guys can fix this and i dont intend to pay for something that you people should lookafter,you havent fix this so i,m returning it to where i bought it. i,m not satisfied with my response so don,t charge me. jerry also theres no control panel on thios machine

Then it isn't a Windows computer at all, I would guess.

Or, you haven't entered a password ***** log in to the machine... Control Panel would be a function obtained once Windows has logged in.

By all means return it. It sounds like the right thing to do.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

Andy, Computer Consultant