Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Asus Q8768 Notebook PC won't go past the sgn in page.

Customer Question

My Asus Q8768 Notebook PC won't go past the sgn in page. Battery charges fine. will only show Home and sign-n screen. Won't respond to touch or attach-on mouse.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is*****'ll be assisting you today.

You said it won't go past the sign in page and your mouse isn't responding?

What have you done to resolve the issue on your own?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
turned it off and back on; plugged in to totally charge battery; attempted to get past sign-in while plugged in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you going to respond?

Yes, I am here. It may take me a minute but I am here.

Let's start with something simple. Have you tried plugging the external mouse into a different USB port to see if you can use it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the $32 for direct access in addition to the $47? and the mouse works fine

If I were to remote into your system, yes it would be an extra fee, but if you can't login to your system, we wouldn't be able to connect anyway.

You said the mouse works fine, will it let you click into the sign in area to sign in at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I click on the sign in area and nothing happens

Hmm. I am going to give another expert a go at this as I am stepping out soon. This is at no extra cost to you at all. Please stand by.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just noticed when I turn it off...its really not off because the green battery light is flashing - not off
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you still need help with this request? If so, I can help you now. Please tell me if you are running Windows 8 or 10.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10 I believe

Please try this test procedure. Shutdown the computer and remove the battery. Then , plug in the AC adapter, and attempt to power on. Let me know the results. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind - I fixed it. It was in a stuck "sleep" state I guess. once I realized the light wasn't going off, I troubleshooted. My card won't be charged will it?

Yes, that is why I suggested to remove the battery. This would exit the sleep state.

You can ask for a refund if you wish, but I won't get any credit for time spent helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I solved it. I wouldn't know how to remove the battery if that was going to be your suggestion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm asking for a refund