Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have an iMac and I can't get the skype application to

Customer Question

i have an iMac and I can't get the skype application to accept my new Skype account i created using an email address. it keeps referring to an old account that I created by a user name. I couldn't remember the password ***** had such difficulty trying to get a new password ***** i just created a new account. I want the old account deleted.. Please advise
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: lost
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: lots
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

With Skype open, click on Skype in the top left then Sign out.

Once done, it will take you to the sign in screen and you can then sign in with the new account.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know please how you go.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Wrong email went into system. I don't want an answer for $36. Why did I get sent to you for a fee.Your solution of signing out will not come up. It is greyed out. I can't get the screen with the old account to go away.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is your answer what I paid $5 for? Just wondering. I know you are just doing your job.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

I cannot see any payment information here sorry as I am only an engineer.

You will need to email customer service on***@******.*** and they can inform you of the costs.

If you wish to continue after doing this, let me know

Thanks