Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Neither my wife's, nor my live.com email addresses will not

Customer Question

Neither my wife's, nor my live.com email addresses will not work due to server error #3219. As the problem was caused by Microsoft, I believe it should be responsible for fixing the error. What should we do fix this mess?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: My computer is a Lenova and my wife's computer is a Dell. Both are desk top computers. We are both using Windows 10 Operating Systems.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Other than rebooting the computers, I have not tried any other fixes.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: My Live.com email address will not send or receive messages, but my cox.net email account works perfectly. My wife's live.com email account on a different computer than mine also is not working. Both quit working 5 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Hi!

Microsoft made some changes which caused the windows live mail program to no longer connect. Unfortunately there is not a fix for this issue, however there are a number of alternatives and work arounds. But as far as using the windows live program go it is not going to be able to connect. The short answer is the Windows Live Mail application does not support the modern synchronization technologies which they are now using.

I suggest you read through this article which explains everything that is going on and what you can do to use your email: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Windows-Live-Mail-2012-will-not-connect-to-Outlook-com-45453b92-373b-4bbb-88ca-f8ec74f8e8fd

If there is anything you do not understand please let me know. Please take a moment to click the stars above, 3 or more to acknowledge I have provided an answer to your question. Remember the rating is just for me, you are not rating Microsoft or their policies and changes which I understand are frustrating.

Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.