How do I retrieve Google on my Lenovo Tablet

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
8/9/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Are you trying to install Google?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How? The problem is that I had all Google apps, but something happened, or I did something wrong by pressing incorrect keys.

So have all the apps just disappeared, and what apps did you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No they are there, but they don't work. I get unfortunately google has stopped, or email, or Google play, anything to do with Google

Okay. What version of Windows are you running, and when did you notice the apps no longer work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thus a Lenovo Tablet 2A8-50
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is, not thus a...

Have you tried to reinstall the Google apps?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I do that??

Do you see the Google Play Store icon?

Open the Play Store then search for the Google app that is not working correctly. When you find it in the store, it will give you the option to uninstall it. Then you can reinstall it again and that should resolve the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can't do it... says authentication is required. You need to sign into your Google account.

You should have a Google account? That may be why the apps are not working??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Exactly.... I had it but now I don't.

Have you tried signing in, or what happens when you do?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't sign in....... I get the authenticity message I mentioned earlier.

What is your gmail address you use to sign in with?

Give me a minute please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Do you know how you connect to the internet from your tablet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No...

Did you setup the tablet originally?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I fid
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did

Okay. Does it use your cell phone service to connect to the internet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I use my cell phone to connect to the Internet

Have you tried turning it off then back on to see if it will reconnect?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
left it off all night. I'm doing it again to see what happens.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that didn't work
I guess I will have to call the Geek Squad to make an appointment to take it in at Best Buy. I made a mess with something....

When it comes back on, make sure the Tablet is not in Airplane mode. This is located in the Settings Menu under Wireless and Networks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not in Airplane Mode

Also check to make sure the wireless is turned on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is on

Okay. When you get the authentication message, have you ever had to use a password ***** gain access?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Okay. I can give you instructions to do a reset provided you don't have anything you want to keep?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dan if I do a "Factory Reset" will that do it. Will I loose everything such as contacts, pictures, and would I have to set up a new Facebook page.

You will lose everything you have saved on the tablet. Your facebook will not be affected.

Your tablet will be as it was when you first got it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I have no other choice. Some of the pictures I have on my phone, and the contacts is no problem.So do I go ahead and do the Factory Data Reset??

You still have the option of the Geek Squad? Just making sure you consider all avenues.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If everything was backed up on a SIMS (that may not be right), can't that be reloaded once I do a reset?

Yes provided you have it backed up. Check this LINK and it will give you instructions complete with screen prints to reset your tablet.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they are backed up.....Dan, so that I will not have to do a new FB page, can you tell me how to link my existing page with the one in my tablet when I reset, and how do I reload the backed up items.

Wanda, as much as I would like to help you through this, I think it would complicate things more for you. Is there anyone that can actually take your tablet and change the settings for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No not right now, but no problem Dan I will get some assistance. If you're done, then I am also.

Okay Wanda. I wish you the best!

Tech Support Specialist: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.

Let me know if you have reset your Lenovo tablet yet.

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Andy, Computer Consultant