Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

My WiFi shows connected on my android phone, but google says

Customer Question

My WiFi shows connected on my android phone, but google says I'm offline. How can I fix it so I can google info.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following:

Solution #1:

- Press and hold the Power on / off button on your phone, then select the Restart option and confirm, and check.

Solution #2:

- Open Settings app icon, then tap on the Wi-Fi option, then tap on your wireless network name, and tap on the option Forget if shown. Then tap on your wireless network name again and connect. Then open Internet and check. If needed, open Play Store app icon and check.

- If it still does not work, please let me know the model of your phone, and if Wi-Fi was working fine on your android phone with the same internet modem / router previously. Also, what's the model of your internet modem / router device?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Followed instruction. When I ask google question I still get off line.

I'm sorry. What's the model of your android phone?

- If you open the Internet app on your phone, does it let you go to a website, such as google.com or yahoo.com etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
SM6920F. Yes it seems to work for write in on internet app.

Was Google working fine previously?

Does Google work if you turn off Wi-Fi?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No but my signal is weak.

Thank you. Here are a couple of more solutions:

Solution #3:

- When it says you're offline, then say OK Google again and check.

Solution #4:

- Open Apps, then Settings, then Application manager, then swipe from right to left to the option All, then scroll down, then select option S Voice, then make sure to turn on / enable S Voice. Then check Google.

Please let me know; I will troubleshoot further as needed. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have several times. Problem has lasted a few days. I only see smart manager. Then it shows battery life storage ram and security. Also an option to clean all.. is this what you mean by app manager

Open Settings app icon, then scroll down, then do you see the option called Application manager?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am in settings . I see a broken circle on a blue background with a smaller circle inside. It says smart manager. Under that is a blue background with four squares which says applications . They seem to be a category. I do not see an app. Manager on this list.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
As you can tell, I'm not very intuitive about this process.

I'm sorry. So you open Apps, then you see a list of all your app icons. Is that correct? If yes, you tap on the app icon (the gear / wheel icon) called Settings. Then that's where you see options, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Sound... If so, when in Settings, when you scroll down and/or swipe from right to left, you do not see an option called Application manager. Does it show any more option?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The list starts with WiFi etc. I scroll down. The only manager is named smart. As I described .next on the list is applications. It gives me another list starting with camera. On that list is s voice app and Google. If this is any help. I don't know what we are hoping to do so I can't help more.

When you are in Settings, also swipe the screen from right to left. Then do you see more options?

- If yes, do you see option Applications and/or option Application manager?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I went to the manual screen it says on the settings screen. Tap on applications and I will see app . Manager. It sounds like I should try settings then app?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I found it. The list starts with flashlight. I am in app. Manga.

Great. Now in Application manager, then swipe from right to left to get to the option called All at the top

, then scroll down, then select option S Voice, then make sure to turn on / enable S Voice. Then check Google.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've got more but no all. Under more: show system apps, apps that can appear on top, change system settings, reset app preferences. Nothing happens left or right swiping.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have something with a system icon in the apps list that says Android System Web view. Someone could make a lot of money with an up-to-date vocabulary of terms for seniors.

When you are in Application manager window (it should show the 3 words Application manager MORE at the top), DO NOT tap on the option MORE.

- But when you are in Application manager window, swipe the screen from right to left. Then do you see the options DOWNLOADED RUNNING ALL at the top?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Should be a , between terms and seniors.
NO. It goes to Applications when I try to swipe, or touch Applications Manager.I have an added option of default applications

You must touch the option Application manager first. Then you can swipe the screen from right to left.

So you touch Applications, then you touch Application manager

, then you see the option Default Applications.

- In the Application manager window, what else do you see?

Do you also have a windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, or mac computer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you there

Yes. I'm still here. Did you see my last reply? Here was my last reply again:

Do you also have a windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, or mac computer? And/or what's the brand / model of your computer?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was following you on my tablet so I could follow your directions on my phone. You no longer are coming through on my tablet.

What's the model of your tablet? Can you scroll down at this web page in order to see my replies?

Can you refresh this web page?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I refreshed the page ok. Thanks now I have to find the app mangagain

Basically, you just open Settings app icon, then open Applications, then open Application manager

, then right away, swipe screen from right to left to see the option Downloaded Running All.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't see default unless I touch more. What I see is flashlight android system web view etc. There is a left pointing arrow to the left of the application manager. If I swipe, nothing. If I tap it I get applications if I tap it again I'm back to settings. No swipe works.

What's the brand / model of your tablet?

Can you please watch the instruction video at the website below in order to know how to get to the option Application Manager and option ALL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRagl_QWFmE

; (just follow the video steps until you get the ALL option, then let me know; don't continue with any other step after that.)

Please let me know. Thank you,

Please let me know if you have any trouble following the steps in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6DAzzApGF4

- Here are all other solutions:

Solution #4:

- Open Apps, then Settings (or swipe down from the top of the screen, then tap on the gear /wheel icon at the top)

, then open Applications -> Application manager

, then swipe from right to left to the option All

, then scroll down, then select option S Voice, then make sure to disable S Voice. Then check Google. (If needed, enable / disable S Voice and check.)

Solution #5:

- Make sure the date and time are correct on your computer.

Solution #6:

1. Open Settings app icon.
2. Select option Battery, then Battery Usage
3. Select option More at the upper right corner, then option Optimize Battery Usage
4. Select All Apps from the drop-down menu
5. Select the item S Voice and/or Google and/or Google Voice Search and/or each Google item, then turn it off.

6. See if you can use Google now.

Solution #7:

- Open Settings app icon -> Applications -> Application manager. Then keep swiping the screen from right to left until you get the option called ALL. Then scroll down, then tap on option Google App (or Google or Google Voice Search, etc.), then if needed, scroll down, then tap on CLEAR DATA option if available, and/or option CLEAR CACHE and confirm. Then check Google.

Solution #8:

- Open Apps -> Settings -> Battery. Then select option Ultra power saving mode, if available, and turn it off.

- Open Apps -> Settings -> Battery. Then select option Power saving mode, and turn it off.

, then check Google.

Solution #8:

1. Open Apps.

2. Tap and hold on the Google app icon.

3. Then drag it to "App info", then release.

4. Select "Launch as default", then select Delete default"

5. Then go back, then select "Force Stop"

6. Then start, or restart the phone, and check Google.

Solution #9:

1. Open Settings app icon.
  2. Select option Accounts.
  3. Select option Google.
  4. Tap on your Google (gmail) account.
  5. Tap on the More option at the top, and remove account for now and confirm.
  6. Open Settings app icon, then option Accounts. Then option Add account. Then option Google. Then enter your Google / gmail account information and continue. Then check Google.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,