Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My HP laptop fell 1 1/2 feet of my coffee table. It landed

Customer Question

My HP laptop fell 1 1/2 feet of my coffee table . It landed flat. started buzzing. Now it tells me I have to I have to install an operating system on my hard disk??? It came with windows 8.1. I upgraded to windows 10. What can I do? Can you send me the 8.1 disks to reinstall the system? I'm at a loss.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

reinstalling the OS may not be enough.. if its making a buzzing noise, your hard drive may have been damaged ( and probably was damaged)

Most likely, youre going to want to replace the hard drive, this link is for a 1 terrabyte hard drive http://amzn.to/2agvifE

That will definitely fix the issue. With that being said, if you have another windows 10 machine you can create a free recovery disk or usb, so if you have a windows 10 machine that works, let me know.

Otherwise, you can order a cheap recovery usb already loaded with the windows 10 repair software here

http://amzn.to/2agw1O3

Now, before you attempt any recovery.. i would do two things.

One, remove the power cord and battery from your laptop, then open the bottom and remove the hard drive. Then, reconnect the hard drive and then put the battery and power cord back into the machine.

Then, try to power up.. Does it still say no OS found? If so then proceed with the recovery drive, or with the replacement hard drive.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will do as you suggest. Thank you........Frank
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I removed all screws but how do I separate the body
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you still with me?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Dustin. I can't get the bottom off to remove and reinstall the hard drive. All screws have been removed. How do I get it apart?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm not giving a rating until my last question is answered.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Hi Frank. My sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Before I can assist you with the breakdown of your HP, I need to know the full name brand and model number of your HP

Thank you,

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Hello again, I see you viewed my last reply but never responded. Did you still need help with this issue?

Please respond when you can so we can mark this issue as resolved or continue working on the problem.

Dustin S