Need help converting an audio file. It's saved as 16000hz

Customer Question
Need help converting an audio...
Need help converting an audio file. It's saved as 16000hz right now and I need it to be in 8000hz without changing the sound of the recording too much. I've tried audacity and I'm not having luck. Can you help or recommend another program to use?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
8/1/2016
Tech Support Specialist: StipeCo, Owner- replied 1 year ago
StipeCo
StipeCo, Owner-

Hi and thank your for your question.

I think the answer you are looking for will be found in an application named "Goldwave".

You can download it here and using the trial you can perform this emergency task for free.

http://www.goldwave.com/release.php

If I have answered your question to your satisfaction please choose "Accept" and Thank You.

Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

(Pardon this posting - it was made in error owing to a system bug.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi stipeCo, I am downloading Goldwave now and will give that a try.Russell, sounds like you mean to send that response to someone else?
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Would you like to send me the file on here and I will convert it for you.

Regards

Kris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey Kris, I have 14 audio recordings that I need to convert. Not sure if you're up for doing all 14.With Goldwave, anyone know exactly how to change the hz without changing how the audio sounds too much? I have the program open now.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
StipeCo, are you there? I have Goldwave downloaded, hoping you can help walk me through the program.
Tech Support Specialist: hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there I am another Expert. Why are needing to do this please because if you halve the highest frequency then the sound quality will be greatly reduced?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am uploading audio files for our company phone tree and the program I use requires hz to be recorded in 8000hz in order to upload.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll need to convert to this frequency without impacting the audio greatly. I did it in Audacity and it slows down the audio a lot - I cannot even understand the recording anymore.I had done this in the past so not sure why I am having issues this time.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
4 Experts have replied to this thread, yet still no answer. What's going on???????????

Hello could your problem with Audacity be the bottom Blog entry by Andrew in this Blog?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Maybe, I'll try the suggestion from that blog post and let you know if that works

Thankyou. You're on the right track because Audacity seems to be the best way to accomplish this!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Audacity has always worked for me - this is the first time I'm getting stuck using the program. I still need to give the blog suggestion a try and will this afternoon after I finish meetings.

Am standing by

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi, I am still having issues converting these files so that the program I'm uploading them to recognizes the format.As a reminder, the format needs to be: WAVE audio, ITU G.711 mu-law, mono 8000hzHoping someone can still assist!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
maybe I can send one file for you to convert and I can see if that works

Hello there are you using a Mac or PC please?

If you are using a Mac please try this programme

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am on PC
hongkongpom
hongkongpom