Will not turn on...power cord is good outlet is good...just

Customer Question
powered off and then went...
will not turn on...power cord is good outlet is good...just powered off and then went to power on and no light, nothing...took battery out put back in still nothing.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: jua
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This was the first time about a hour ago
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: its a gateway laptop bought in 11/2011 have model # if needed
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Gateway 2011 model # P5WS5 windows 10
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
7/30/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Jennifer French, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is*****'m going to answer this to the best of my ability and knowledge, and I've been a PC and IT tech for 15 years.

If you have reseated the battery, checked the outlet, checked the power cord, and it still won't power on, then it may have fried the I/O board on your laptop.

If you'd like, I can walk you through a few steps to make sure.

Would you like to close this question out? Were you able to get this resolved? Thank you.

Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Disconnect the AC power and Remove the battery. Hold down the power button on the laptop for one minute. Then release button, connect the battery and AC power. Now try to power ON. Let me know the result.

Regards
Jins

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did all the these steps myself (at no cost) I know that much about computers, before ever going to this site....all 3 responses I got were of no help to me! Had I know would not have wasted $$$$.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will not use this site again...."experts" just give answers you can get on line for free!!!

If you did all the test it is a hardware issue. Most probably the power supply inside the system or the motherboard damaged.

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me where I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Regards

Jins

Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist