I haven't used Dragon months while traveling. When I turn it

Customer Question
I haven't used Dragon for...
I haven't used Dragon for 3 months while traveling. When I turn it on now no profiles show up. What do I do next?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
7/27/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Lets try to go into manage user profiles to see if they are in there or were corrupted.

Open Dragon and follow these steps:

1. Click on “Profile”.
  2. Then click on ”Manage User Profiles”
  3. Highlight corrupted profile, then click on “Advanced”.
  4. Scroll down and click “Restore”.

Dragon will auto rename profile name as “YourProfileName– Restored”.

Information provided by Tony Scalese

1. Make sure that Dragon Naturally Speaking is closed first.
  2. Press the Windows Key + R to bring up the Run box.
  3. type: %AllUsersProfile% and press Enter.
  4. Windows XP Users:
    Go to Application Data -> Nuance, then open the NaturallySpeaking folder and go to the Users folder.
    Windows Vista or above:
    Go to the Nuance folder, then open the NaturallySpeaking folder and go to the Users folder.
  5. Now, go into the folder which is your Dragon username.
  6. Rename the ‘current’ folder to ‘corrupt’.
  7. Rename the ‘backup’ folder to ‘current’.
  8. Open up Dragon and wait for it to load.
  9. On the Dragon Bar click NaturallySpeaking -> Manage Users.
  10. Click on your name and then click Advanced -> Backup to create a new backup and wait for it to finish.
  11. You may now delete the ‘corrupt’ folder.

Any references to folders called Nuance, may be called ScanSoft if using an older version

Lets try that option first.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Friendly reminder. Do not click accept if you do not wish for me to do this for you in remote support. It is optional.

If you would like to have a more hands on support through Secure Remote Assistance, I will send you an offer and I will be able

to log in and perform the fix for you. We offer this as an easier solution for clients. It is 100% guaranteed

money back if we cannot resolve your issue.

If you would like to continue with written instructions, that is absolutely fine as well. Just click the reject when you see the

offer and we will continue immediately in this manner going forward.

I havent heard back from you. Did you still need more support for this question?

~Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin