You helped me get my MF628Cw canon printer to print

Customer Question
wirelessly a few days ago....Thanks...
You helped me get my MF628Cw canon printer to print wirelessly a few days ago....Thanks. on that same printer when I type email address in manually it doesn't get to recipient. It probably has to do with me not being able to sync my email on this darn windows 10. so I would like to resolve these two issues which I believe to be one in the same
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/26/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi!

What is your email address that you are trying to send from? Are you referring to the send feature on the printer/scanner?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ON *****@******.***

Did you add the email address to the printer with the correct settings? What is the error message that you receive?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't get an error on the printer. on the receipt after sending it does say error with no code

Are you sure that the email address is setup properly on the printer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no...I guess I am not
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought all I had to do was input the email address in like normal....regular address
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its correct

How did you confirm the correct settings?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just typed in***@******.***...no confirmation
Start the Send Function Setting Tool.Using a Web browserEnter "http://(the IP address of the machine)/sendsupport_login.html" in the address field of a Web browser, and press the [ENTER] key.Using the provided DVD-ROM1Insert the provided DVD-ROM into the drive on the computer.Select a language and click [OK] if you are prompted to do so.2Click [Start Software Programs].If the above screen is not displayed, see Displaying the [Software Programs/Manuals Setup] Screen.If [AutoPlay] is displayed, click [Run MInst.exe].3Click [Start] for [Send Function Setting Tool].4Click [Next].If you want to view Send Setting Guide, click [How to Set].If the screen below appearsClick [Yes].5Select the machine from [Device List] and click [Next].If the machine is not displayed in [Device List]Click [Search Again]. If the problem persists, click [Search by IP Address], enter the IP address of the machine, and then click [OK].6Confirm the settings and click [OK].2Click [Start].If the logon screen is displayed, enter the appropriate ID and PIN in the corresponding text boxes, and then click [Logon].3Click [Send to E-mail Settings].If the screen prompting you to enter the Address Book PIN is displayed, enter the PIN for the Address Book, and click [OK]. Setting a PIN for Address Book4Specify the required settings. [Registration][Favorites Number]With the Send Function Setting Tool, you can register an e-mail address into <Favorites> in the Address Book. Select a number from the drop-down list.[Name for Favorites Number]Enter the name for identifying the destination to be registered. Set a name that will be easy for you to find later in the Address Book.

[Send Destination Settings]

[Destination E-mail Address]
Enter the e-mail address that you want to send your scanned documents to.

[SMTP Server Settings]

[SMTP Server]
Enter the SMTP server name.

[SMTP Authentication]
Click the [Not Set] or [Set] radio button to match the authentication settings of the SMTP server. When [Set] is selected, enter the user name in the [User Name] text box and password ***** the [Password] text box.

Authentication methods for sending e-mails

To prevent e-mail transmissions by unauthorized users, the machine supports SMTP authentication (SMTP AUTH) and POP before SMTP. For more information about the required authentication method, contact your Internet service provider or Network Administrator.

POP before SMTP authentication can only be configured by using the Remote UI. Configuring E-mail/I-Fax Communication Settings

5

Click [Next].

6

Confirm the settings and click [Register].

7

Restart the machine.

Turn OFF the machine, wait for at least 10 seconds, and turn it back ON.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thats the IP address of the printer or PC after Http://

Printer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is too technical for me...how much do I owe thus far?

I am not sure of the initial cost but it is the amount that you selected in the beginning. Unfortunately, I just work on the technical side so I do not have access to customer payments.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
for $39.00 more, you can do all this by remote? plus get my email synced with the windows 10?

The remote offer is auto generated but unfortunately, remote services cannot be used in this situation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
well, I would be pretty much where I was with the written instructions unless you feel it will be a lot easier

Remote offer will not help in this situation. The system sent you an auto-generated offer but it will not help at all here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
oh...ok

Please take a look at my steps above

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still don't have issue solved

Did you follow my steps?

Josh, Support Specialist