Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

You helped me get my MF628Cw canon printer to print

Customer Question

You helped me get my MF628Cw canon printer to print wirelessly a few days ago....Thanks. on that same printer when I type email address in manually it doesn't get to recipient. It probably has to do with me not being able to sync my email on this darn windows 10. so I would like to resolve these two issues which I believe to be one in the same
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Hi!

What is your email address that you are trying to send from? Are you referring to the send feature on the printer/scanner?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
ON *****@******.***
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Did you add the email address to the printer with the correct settings? What is the error message that you receive?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I don't get an error on the printer. on the receipt after sending it does say error with no code
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Are you sure that the email address is setup properly on the printer?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no...I guess I am not
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I thought all I had to do was input the email address in like normal....regular address
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
its correct
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

How did you confirm the correct settings?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I just typed in***@******.***...no confirmation
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.
Start the Send Function Setting Tool.Using a Web browserEnter "http://(the IP address of the machine)/sendsupport_login.html" in the address field of a Web browser, and press the [ENTER] key.Using the provided DVD-ROM1Insert the provided DVD-ROM into the drive on the computer.Select a language and click [OK] if you are prompted to do so.2Click [Start Software Programs].If the above screen is not displayed, see Displaying the [Software Programs/Manuals Setup] Screen.If [AutoPlay] is displayed, click [Run MInst.exe].3Click [Start] for [Send Function Setting Tool].4Click [Next].If you want to view Send Setting Guide, click [How to Set].If the screen below appearsClick [Yes].5Select the machine from [Device List] and click [Next].If the machine is not displayed in [Device List]Click [Search Again]. If the problem persists, click [Search by IP Address], enter the IP address of the machine, and then click [OK].6Confirm the settings and click [OK].2Click [Start].If the logon screen is displayed, enter the appropriate ID and PIN in the corresponding text boxes, and then click [Logon].3Click [Send to E-mail Settings].If the screen prompting you to enter the Address Book PIN is displayed, enter the PIN for the Address Book, and click [OK]. Setting a PIN for Address Book4Specify the required settings. [Registration][Favorites Number]With the Send Function Setting Tool, you can register an e-mail address into <Favorites> in the Address Book. Select a number from the drop-down list.[Name for Favorites Number]Enter the name for identifying the destination to be registered. Set a name that will be easy for you to find later in the Address Book.
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

[Send Destination Settings]

[Destination E-mail Address]
Enter the e-mail address that you want to send your scanned documents to.

[SMTP Server Settings]

[SMTP Server]
Enter the SMTP server name.

[SMTP Authentication]
Click the [Not Set] or [Set] radio button to match the authentication settings of the SMTP server. When [Set] is selected, enter the user name in the [User Name] text box and password ***** the [Password] text box.

Authentication methods for sending e-mails

To prevent e-mail transmissions by unauthorized users, the machine supports SMTP authentication (SMTP AUTH) and POP before SMTP. For more information about the required authentication method, contact your Internet service provider or Network Administrator.

POP before SMTP authentication can only be configured by using the Remote UI. Configuring E-mail/I-Fax Communication Settings

5

Click [Next].

6

Confirm the settings and click [Register].

7

Restart the machine.

Turn OFF the machine, wait for at least 10 seconds, and turn it back ON.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
thats the IP address of the printer or PC after Http://
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Printer

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
this is too technical for me...how much do I owe thus far?
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

I am not sure of the initial cost but it is the amount that you selected in the beginning. Unfortunately, I just work on the technical side so I do not have access to customer payments.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
for $39.00 more, you can do all this by remote? plus get my email synced with the windows 10?
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

The remote offer is auto generated but unfortunately, remote services cannot be used in this situation.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
well, I would be pretty much where I was with the written instructions unless you feel it will be a lot easier
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Remote offer will not help in this situation. The system sent you an auto-generated offer but it will not help at all here.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
oh...ok
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Please take a look at my steps above

Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
still don't have issue solved
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Did you follow my steps?