I believe my email account was hacked. Someone sent a story

Customer Question
I believe my email account...
I believe my email account was hacked. Someone sent a story about european car crash, wanting money. False info. What do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
7/26/2016
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. If you think that there is even a chance that you email address was hacked, you should definitely change your password ***** away! Just to be sure that I understand, an email was sent to your friends/contacts that appeared to be from you, but you didn't send it? Is that correct? If that is correct, then it is possible that you have malware or a a computer virus. I recommend that you thoroughly scan your computer using CCleaner, MalwareBytes, and a whatever virus program you are using (make sure it is up to date.)

If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I updated credit info
What will happen now?

It is still showing payment failure. It may take a few minutes to clear up. If you'd like, you can go to ww2.justanswer.com/help to contact customer support. They offer support via phone, email, and chat. As soon as they give me the ok, I will send you instructions to get us connected remotely.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I put in credit card info again

I'm sorry. It's still showing failure on my end. If I were willing to go ahead and connect remotely anyway, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you'll do that I'll go ahead and help you remotely.

.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let's do it
I will evaluate you later

I'm sorry, Richard, but I can't do it without a guarantee that I will be compensated for my time. This could take awhile. If I spend the time to help you and you don't rate me positively, I will not receive any compensation at all. I am bending the rules to help you as it is.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let's not bend rules
Why is my credit card not working

I'm sorry, but as an independent contractor, I don't have access to billing information. Customer service shoudl be able to help. You can contact customer service by phone at 1-***-***-**** or by email at***@******.***.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry
This is not wotking

I will opt out in the hopes that someone else will be able to help you. Have a nice evening!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Id like to proceed with the remote connection. Especially if you have been hacked, time is of the essence.

To start the connection, please click this link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=204248be-f78a-4976-b6ab-c67cae456574

On the next page, scroll down and click the agree button.. It should then ask you to save or run the elsinore screen connect file. Run it, and then when it asks you to allow it, do so. That will connect us.

If you get stuck completing the above steps try them again, and if you still cant connect send a reply and let me know what web browser you are using, so I can give you specific steps on how to connect.

Dustin S

Hello again.. I never heard back from you. And we didnt connect.

Did you still need help with this issue?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist