My Lenovo ix4-300d comes on but absolutely nothing is on the

Customer Question
screen except a blue background...
My Lenovo ix4-300d comes on but absolutely nothing is on the screen except a blue background. I'm connected to router so internet is getting to the unit and I've tried resetting the umit as well. There are 4 drives loaded that were working at one time but now nothing is happening.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/25/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I am the person that will be helping you today.

When you move the mouse around, does the mouse icon move?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cant even get that far. I'm just plugged in with all 4 drives loaded and the screen on the unit is lite up blue but no text at all. Mot even a startup screen
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry typo--Not even a startup screen

After you turn the computer on, do you ever see anything on the screens, besides the blue screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im not using a computer. This is the Lenovo Nas storage drive ix4-300d.

My apologies. I assumed it was a computer before checking the model name.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 1 year ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Do you know the IP address of the NAS?

Can you get to the web interface of it, or is this where you see the blue screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Whether it has an IP address or not the first thing that happens when you plug it in is you see the Lenovo logo and version on that blue screen. It's only lit up blue and no text at all. When I plug in my network cable to it I get a local IP but it's not discovered on the network. It's like it needs to reformatted or a firmware update but I can't do anything to it.

What do you mean it gets a local IP address? Like 192.168.1.1 and you can't ping it from a computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I plan on running a few more tests today and I'll let you know if I can ping it on the network. I'll get back to you a bit later. Thanks

sounds good

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I won't be back in tow until the weekend. I'm covering the DNC in Philly and don't have that drive hooked up at the moment back home in Dallas. We'll have to wait til next week.Ross

ok

Andy, Computer Consultant