I do not have bluetooth on my pc but want to buy some

bluetooth wireless headphones (so they...
bluetooth wireless headphones (so they can also work on my iphone).
What do I need to be able to pair up the headphones with my pc?... Read full answer
I do not have bluetooth on my pc but want to buy some bluetooth wireless headphones (so they can also work on my iphone).
What do I need to be able to pair up the headphones with my pc?
7/24/2016
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

If you want to use Bluetooth headphones with your PC but your computer does not have blue tooth capability, you an purchase a bluetooth adapter that plugs into a USB port on your computer. May I ask what Operating System is on your computer? I need to know that so I can send you links to some bluetooth adapters that will work with your Operating System.

If you're not sure, you should be able to use one of these links to find out. Or, if you prefer I can connect to you remotely and work on this while you watch.

For Windows

Can you click this link and tell me what you see please?

http://whatsmyos.com/

For MAC

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X"

Hi Alison,

I have Windows 7, however I will more than likely be updating to Windows 10 very soon as MS are offering a free upgrade until the end of the week.

Can the adapter work for both systems or only one?

I will look specifically for some that work with Windows 7 as well as Windows 10. Give me just a moment to research please.

Here's an example of what you need but this one doesn't specifically say it will work with Windows 10.

• Insignia™ - Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter - Black (available at Best Buy, so if you have one near you you could ask a saleperson and/or examine the specs on the box)

Here are 2 from Amazon state they are compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 10

I hope that I have provided the information that you were seeking. If so, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a positive rating. If you have any further questions, be sure to let me now so I can continue working with you. Have a great day!

Thank you.

I am in the UK so I checked a couple myself.

Are these both similar or is one better than the other? The first one states: 'Adds Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy) support to Windows 8 and higher'

so does that mean it doesn't work well with Windows 7?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plugable-Bluetooth-Adapter-Raspberry-Compatible/dp/B009ZIILLI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469373845&sr=8-1&keywords=bluetooth+adapter+for+windows+7+and+windows+10

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avantree-Bluetooth-Adapter-Headsets-Speakers/dp/B00VWEK4IG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1469373845&sr=8-5&keywords=bluetooth+adapter+for+windows+7+and+windows+10

Yes that means that it probably won't work on Windows 7 at all.

GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a kindle fire and an lg 820 bluetooth that the kindle
I have a kindle fire and an lg 820 bluetooth that the kindle doesnt see when scanning? … read more
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer
Associate's Degree
My phone has started playing my music through the speaker
My phone has started playing my music through the speaker and won't stop doing that when I plug in the headphones. How do I get it to only come through my headphones. No sound from headphones at all. … read more
Dustin Stroh
Dustin Stroh
Computer Networking and Information Securities
Andy,. At the age of 84 I bought my very first smartphone, a
Hi Andy, I am George. At the age of 84 I bought my very first smartphone, a NOKIA 1 android device. I accidentally deleted bluetooth so that now it appears only in 'connected devices' and it is not se… read more
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert
Stop searching for answers—
I just bought a pair of sony wh 1000 xm3 headphones and they
I just bought a pair of sony wh 1000 xm3 headphones and they won't pair with my I-phone 6+ … read more
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B
ICT Support 1/2/3/ Line,
Information Technology
I received an iPad for Xmas 2018 and use the headphone
I received an iPad for Xmas 2018 and use the headphone jack regularly.....yesterday I went to plug in my Bose system and now the headphone jack doesn't work. (The Bose system with cord works with my o… read more
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Owner,
I have a pair of Wireless SPORT Headphones (Version V4.1
Second opinion] I have a pair of Wireless SPORT Headphones (Version V4.1 +EDR). They are supposed to work on IOS systems. But they are not working with an iPhone 7 plus I just got. Not sure if there i… read more
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a pair of Wireless Sport Headphones (Version V4.1
I have a pair of Wireless Sport Headphones (Version V4.1 +EDR). They are supposed to work on IOS systems. But they are not working with an iPhone 7 plus I just got. Please instruct me on what to do so… read more
Senior Engineer,
I bought some bluetooth head phones for my pc and cant
I bought some bluetooth head phones for my pc and cant figure out how to get running … read more
Studying for Masters Degree in IT,
I have an Apple Ipod (refurbished). I bought wireless
I have an Apple Ipod (refurbished). I bought wireless headphones. I charged the headphones and followed the directions, however, I could not get any sound. I finally checked the settings and made sure… read more
John Lohr
John Lohr
Owner / Technology Specialist,
Teaching Certification
I have asus zen 2 I have paired it with iphone7, I canjust a
Hi I have asus zen 2 I have paired it with iphone7 … read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I have an ASUS T100 tablet. I want to use Blue Tiger Elite
I have an ASUS T100 tablet. I want to use Blue Tiger Elite headphones for a program that uses speech recognition. The headphones are bluetooth. I have paired it successfully and it shows up as the def… read more
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin
Associate of Science in Social Sciences
I need to download Bluetooth for my computer. Dell; windows
I want to be able to use my new bose 35 headphones that I received just today. They are top of the line, but Bose says I have to have a Bluetooth driver on my computer to use them.… read more
IT Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
I bought the SF600. it works with my iphone for running, but
I bought the SF600. it works with my iphone for running, but when i pair it to my computer (which seems to work), it won't let me listen to audio via the computer. What settings do i need to change or… read more
SoundWave1981
SoundWave1981
VMware Sr. Systems Administrator,
Is there a way to stream music wirelessly from my PC via Bluetooth
Is there a way to stream music wirelessly from my PC via Bluetooth to my Phonak hearing aids which are equipped to receive bluetooth. Bought a bluetooth adapter, but can't figure out how to pair up wi… read more
I need to know if my system can have Bluetooth wireless headphones
I need to know if my system can have Bluetooth wireless headphones paired w/ it. My system model is: HPE-112y. I've tried to locate the device, but cannot find it. I clicked the help on the "Ad A Devi… read more
Tom K
Tom K
Assistant Information Systems Manager,
I have windows 7 Premium. My Motorola headphone S9 is recognized
I have windows 7 Premium. My Motorola headphone S9 is recognized but never connects. Is Bluetooth compatible with 7? Is theri as added driver needed?… read more
Ben M
Ben M
having trouble pairing hisonic SX-905 wireless headset to computer.
having trouble pairing hisonic SX-905 wireless headset to computer. have updated bluetooth software from bluesoleil, but nothing and have attempted to pair to system several times according to directi… read more
MCSE Tech
MCSE Tech
i recently purchased an msi bluetooth transmitter, how do I
i recently purchased an msi bluetooth transmitter, how do I pair it with my sony bluetooth headset?… read more
Carl Poersch
Carl Poersch
Sr. Network Engineer,