Was scammed by bare wire and can't reboot my pc.

Customer Question
Was scammed by bare...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
7/22/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi!

Please explain your issue in more detail

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A pop up came up as I shopped for furniture allegedly to be Microsoft and went through a long process of allowing them to use remote software etc to get rid of viruses. Bare wire ltd. Is the actual company. Since that time yesterday I no longer can reboot pc.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

What happens when you reboot the computer?

Are you able to use the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. Can't even reboot it now.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It just goes back to where I cld put in my password to unlock the pc but the section to put in my password never loads
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are u there

Yes, I am here.

Try this..

Hold down the POWER BUTTON for 10 seconds until the screen goes black. Wait 1 minute and power it back on.

Does it work now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it doesn't
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What changes can be made in the boot menu to reboot pc
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you have anything else to add?

What is the make/model of your computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Gateway model M-6850fx
  1. Remove all CDs or DVDs from the optical drives.

2. Turn off the computer, using the normal Windows shut down process.

3. After the computer is turned off, disconnect all USB devices except the keyboard and mouse. This includes USB devices such as a printer, scanner, removable storage, or camera.

4. Turn on the computer. After the Gateway BIOS logo appears, repeatedly press the F8 key. The Advanced Boot Options menu opens.

5. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to select Repair your Computer, and then press the ENTER key.
    View Picture

6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, select the appropriate keyboard layout, and then click Next.
    View Picture

7. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click the down arrow to select a user account that has Administrator rights, then click OK.
    View Picture

Note: The Administrator account is disabled by default.

8. In the System Recovery Options window, select Recovery Manager.
  9. In the Gateway Recovery Center window, click Next. From here, you can do a factory recovery.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is router and modem connected.
I'm not sure what you are asking
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Right now I am doing a pc reset. My router is to stay connected I assume there is no USB connection on the actual laptop. Is this right so far?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have nothing connected to laptop other than battery. So I am doing a reset and will it allow me to start over and add windows 10.
you can keep your router connected to your computer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What can I expect from the reset?
The reset should fix everything
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Started reset at 325 and it's at 52% is this time its' taking right?
That is normal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will I need to install like the old gateway cd that I can't find. What will have to be done if I only want to install windows 10 or do I need gateway software too.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now it's installing windows. Installing features and drivers and configuring settings.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Says pc will restart several times.
That is normal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what all shld I concern myself with....do I need to change all my passwords from the bare wire remote control of my pc. I want to know how vulnerable my personal data is since they know my yahoo account and I logged on with my password that was encrypted. My bank passwords and I'd info etc. What do you suggest and have you seen this before?

I would recommend that you change all passwords that you feel were compromised. After the reset, the company will no longer have access to your computer so please change the passwords that you feel were compromised.

Yes, I have seen this thousands of times with different companies but the same concept.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did a factory reset on router and am using the factory password but it's not recognizing it

It is not recognizing the router login password ***** the Wi-Fi password?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Router password

What is the make/model of your router?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Net gear n300 wnr2000

the login should be

username: admin

password: password ***** 1234

Please try those combinations

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No not working seems like I have to contact net gear and create a case because it's not accepting the factory pass word that's on the router

you tried both combinations

admin

password

and

admin

1234

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah I tried those combinations. Shld I skip this section of Internet connection or not

You will need to sign into your router to setup your Wi-Fi connection if you removed it.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Josh, Support Specialist