Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Windows 10, never login end in new lap top, I can't seam to

Customer Question

Windows 10, never login end in new lap top, I can't seam to get the login screen to come up.
I've tried resetting everything,router ,laptop , modem... Now the laptop will not even except Www.routerlogin.net
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your new laptop?

Can you please shut down the new laptop, then turn it back on, then let me know exactly what it is showing on the screen?

Do you also have another computer that is currently working?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series
I have turned it off and even did restart
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to login with older laptop

Please press and hold the power on / off button on your new Dell laptop for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on. Then what exactly is showing on the new laptop's screen now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I was clear about the table. I need to get to the router log in

Ignore about the router's login for now. Can you please press and hold the power on / off button on your new Dell tablet / laptop for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on. Then please tell me exactly what is showing on the new tablet / laptop's screen now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It went to home page sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still can't login to router

Thank you. Do you mean on the new laptop, when you click on the wireless / network icon at the bottom right, then click on your wi-fi / wireless network name, it does not work? What is it asking? Or is there any error or message?

What's showing on the home page of the new laptop?

What's the model of your router?

Does your old laptop have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bottom right icon does not show the router only airport mode. Model is a net gear r6400. Older laptop he's Windows 7

Thank you. Please click on the wireless / network icon at bottom right, then make sure the option Airport Mode (or Airplane Mode) is turned OFF, then does it show anything else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wireless does not come up only the airport mode. That is definitely tired off.

So Airport Mode is turned OFF. What's showing on the new laptop's home page?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it has something to do with the wireless connection. But I would like to get to the login screen for the wireless router
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A block of four Windows with blue back round

Is the internet on your old laptop currently working fine via wireless connection? Or is your old laptop currently connected to the Netgear router with an Ethernet / network cable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me? (###) ###-#### Or I can call you

I do live online support. Can I connect remotely to your old laptop, so I can check on your router directly through your computer for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It connected wirelessly. Because I tried it when I had tble with the new one

That means it looks like the wireless router is working fine since it is currently working with the old laptop.

Do you have an extra Ethernet / network cable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have USB ports on the new one no Ethernet ports.

Click on Start -> Settings -> Network & Internet -> Wi-Fi, what does it show there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is next

Can you please press at the same time the two keys Fn and PrtScr on the new laptop's keyboard in order to see if it is able to turn off / on the wireless and check?

- Then click on Start -> Settings -> Network & Internet -> Wi-Fi, what does it show there?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't show my internet only airport mode button. And a button for blue tooth.

When you set up your new laptop previously, did it show your internet wireless network name?

Is it showing any other wireless network name at all?

Can you please disconnect the power cord from your Netgear R6400 router device for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then wait a few minutes, and check?

- If needed, press at the same time the two keys Fn and PrtScr on the new laptop's keyboard again, and check. It should show you whether wireless or airplane mode is turned off or on.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now when I click on wireless icon it is saying airport mode and a bottom with a wireless icon but says not available

You did disconnect / reconnect power cord of the netgear router right?

- Click on Airport Mode, then what happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it goes to airport mode.

Click on Airport mode again to turn off, and check.

Can you click on the wireless / network icon at the bottom right on the old laptop, does it show any other wireless network name, besides yours?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the wireless icon bottom right has a red x over it

Is that on the new laptop or old laptop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to log in after the power was reset on other devices. The red x is on the new laptop

So you click on the red x on the new laptop, and it shows that Airport Mode is turned OFF, but it still does not show your wireless network name.

- On your old laptop, please click on the wireless / network icon at the bottom right on the old laptop, does it show any other wireless network name, besides your wireless network name?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FN. PRTSCRN when pressed together they turn on airport mode. Press again it shuts off airport mode. Then a wireless icon appears but I still can't connect

When the wireless icon appears, click on it, then what does it show?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On my old one only the name of my wireless

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says wifi turned off

Can you turn Wi-Fi on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do that in the "network &winter net screen but still can't connect to the internet and the red x is still over the wireless icon

After you turn Wi-Fi on, does it show the name of your wireless now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

Something is corrupted on the new laptop. Please try the following in order to reset it fresh and set up again:

- Click on Start -> Settings -> Update & security -> Reset PC -> Remove everything and continue.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I started it

The reset process takes long. Please let me know later; let me know if it is stuck any any setup step. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will let you know. Thanks

You're welcome. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it tied it twice and still can't stay connected.

Sorry. Do you mean it sees your wireless network name, and connects, but it keeps getting disconnected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It connects for about 10 seconds then drops off line. The message says
The default gateway is not available

I'm really sorry. It looks like you got a bad new laptop as we did the reset it fresh and set it up fresh again, and the old laptop is working fine with your router. Can you return / exchange it?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just called Best Buy and they are having problems with Windows ten.
They will look at it tomorrow. Possibly a hard wear issue. They have seen this 50 times. Not my day. Thanks for your help. What are the charges for your help?

I'm sorry about that. Most windows 10 computers are okay; it looks like you just got a bad one. I'm the computer tech, so our customer service will email you about the billing later, but it's the amount you've agreed to. If you have any concern, you can always let us know. If you need help with anything else later on, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience.