Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

I have a brother dual tray printer that used to

Customer Question

I have a brother dual tray printer that used to automatically pull from the tray if it were legal or letter, now it is only printing letter and cutting off
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it happened once i updated to windows 10
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 year ago.

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer.

It seems,after installing windows 10 computer's settings needs to be done again to automatically select tray based on paper size

Please see its detailed instruction with screenshots in below document. Please follow it one by one and let me know if you face any problem in it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont see menu or general setup? is this in a program or on my windows menu?

No you should be able to see this in your printer.

If you are not sure of your printer setting do not change it, Look for part 2 first ,as I believe your setting must have been changed after installing new OS.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok in this setting it says auto select on first drop down and same as first page for tray two. That does not help me as the directions do not tell me what to set them to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know what to set those too, i print legal and letter with letter paper in tray one and legal in tray 2. I print loan docs which have those sizes mixed throughout and it used to just pull from appropriate tray and it no longer does that

From the basic tab you just need to select Auto slect option and Same as front page option as shown in image. Once you do it click apply.

Even after doing this if printer is not automatically pulling trays then you would need to set your printer settings.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This did not work

Did you check your printer settings ? Do you see tray #2 in drop down option in basic tab ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to check printer settings and I do see tray 2 as an option

Okay . Please try windows setting in this document first. you must be using PDF documents to print.

Please focus on this instruction mentioned in document:-

1. Click the Accessories tab and click Auto Detect, once the lower tray has been detected then click Apply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Auto detect didn't work but then I manually set each tray to what size paper was in it and this seemed to fix the problem. Thank you

That's wonderful. Please provide me your valuable rating.

Hoping for the best.

Thank you !!