Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

This computer I received from my mother is a HP Pavilion 23.

Customer Question

This computer I received from my mother is a HP Pavilion 23. She tried to download windows 10 on the computer and it stopped mid way through. Now it doesn't want to do anything. You turn it on and the dots in the middle of the screen just keep spinning around in a circle. Is there anything I can do with this machine?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kim my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your Windows 10 upgrade.

Steps to follow:

Make sure there is no usb device connected to the computer apart from the keyboard and mouse.

Hold down the shift key on the keyboard and power on the computer held it down till you see a recovery screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a hp in the middle of the screen now it's gone back to the purple screen with the spinning dots
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Push and hold down the power button it will shut down wait for 2 to 3 mins and then follow the step i gave earlier.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hp, circle, purple screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you do a remote fix?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK this computer has just been connected to the internet line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you be needing my moms password?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Remote access is only possible when we have the windows up in running.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Did you hold down the shift key and then powered it on is it still on the same dotted circle screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh crude. What now? Yes I did as you requested. Same old thing.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Its stuck in the boot loop.

Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Automatic Repair.

Refer to the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool " in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

1. Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

2. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.

3. Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'Automatic Repair'.

4. After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a disk to use or a usb stick. What then?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you will have to arrange a usb drive must be 8Gb or more and then try the steps i gave.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well ok, thanks a lot. Have a good night.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

You can post me a message whenever you have the usb flashdrive i can walk you through.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cool. thanks.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Have a good evening.