Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Outlook 2013 issues: I have 3 accounts set up, supposedly.

Customer Question

Outlook 2013 issues: I have 3 accounts set up, supposedly. One is gmail, is OK, which shows on the left side of the Home screen, as well as in the Account Information, when you go to the Files screen. Another account shows on left side of Home scren, but not on the Files screen. I.e. it's a ghost. And I can't correctly add it starting from scratch. Any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

It looks like an older data file (for the ghost account) is open in Outlook now, but the account itself has not been set up in the program.

May I connect remotely with you to troubleshoot the issue now?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't like to do remote... Sorry. Can you give some instructions and I will go try this?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

No problem; in that case, please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer if it shows up on this page at any time; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. I'll reply back to you below now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Now, I assume three separate email folders show up in the left of Outlook, but only one of the accounts show up when you go to File > Account Settings?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually, I was able to delete the second one by Right clicking and selecting delete. The 3rd account doesn't allow that option, so it's actually 2 showing now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only gmail shows on the Account settings
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

OK; is one of the folders named "Personal Folders" and the other one named for your Gmail account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But 2 accounts show on the left side of the Home screen. But the second does not function correctly
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, are both of the folders named as your Gmail account, or is one of the folders named "Personal Folders"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Personal folders listed; just [email protected] and [email protected] abc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually tried deleting Office, and re-installing, hoping to clear it all, but it was still there after reinstalling Office
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, okay. Now, please go to File > Account Settings, and then click on the "Data Files" tab at the top. How many data files do you see listed there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File>Account Settings> I don't see "Data files" listed as a Tab. I see gmail as an account in the top box(?)
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, on that window, please check the very top - do you see different tabs like Email, Data Files, RSS Feeds, etc. listed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, a different screen opened, I see Data Files, and 2 are listed
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, okay. Are you able to delete the NON-DEFAULT (without a checkmark) data file from there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to make the gmail the default, then I tried to delete the one not working, but it says I can't because files are copying, even 2 minutes later
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still says Copying. Isn't there a way to delete the Outlook files totally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I uninstalled Office ( and Outlook) but the same came back after reinstalling new Office...
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, that's a common issue and related to an Outlook bug/glitch. Without knowing the exact location of the corrupt data file, it will be difficult for us to troubleshoot the issue on this page now. I can waive off the FULL remote fee for you since you are an existing customer with our site, and so the remote session will come at no extra charge and will allow me to troubleshoot quickly here.

If you are still uncomfortable with this, please let me know and I'll open up your question to our other experts who can assist further. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we settle for $25... I'll try to figure something else out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows has had many problems for me...
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, you will not need to pay anything for this question if you choose not to continue further; I'll just close out this question and request a full refund for you in that case. Alternatively, may I open up your question to our other experts who can take this further from here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I'll stop here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the help though
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot believe that the world uses Windows.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I'll close out this question for you now. Thank you anyway.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gates was able to pull off the biggest scam in history. And is now involved in world political issues.