My computer still has vista and it says that my service

isn't connected to update and...
isn't connected to update and I've already restarted my computer... Read full answer
My computer still has vista and it says that my service isn't connected to update and I've already restarted my computer
7/12/2016
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

for months, but it became obvious when I went to my parent's place and they had their windows 10 update for free from windows 8 and mine was still on vistaI would appreciate the help

Thank you. Windows Vista cannot be upgraded to Windows 10, but I can fix any computer issue you have now.

Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=1b9702d0-706a-46be-be06-f610f0263d13

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

Via remote support, I installed all the latest for your computer. Microsoft is not supporting Windows Vista any more, so I used a workaround. Automatic windows update is broken for Windows Vista. But as of right now, I have installed all the latest windows updates for you. In the future, if there is any new windows update, you need to manually download / install them, and restart the computer each time after installing one update. You can always check for new updates at the Microsoft website below:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/security/bulletins

- Note: The latest update number that applies for Windows Vista is MS16-077, which I have already installed. Also, right now, the latest update number from Microsoft is MS16-082, but that does not applies to Windows Vista (it's for new windows versions only.) Whenever there is any new update number at the above website, you can click on it, and see if it shows Windows Vista x64 Edition; if yes, then install it; if no, then don't install it.

References:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-update/updates-not-working-it-has-been-searching-for/92cd6922-17f6-4730-b46b-91a480b95dd3

http://wu.krelay.de/en/

Please let me know if you have any further question. Thank you.

Also, you can click on Start\Control Panel\Security\Windows Update, then click on option "View update history" to view installed windows updates. Thank you,

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
You helped me a couple days ago with my bank account being
You helped me a couple days ago with my bank account being blocked and since then I have "Problem Encountered" with Microsoft Word Mac 2011 Version 14.5.9. I can't get into my Word documents to have t… read more
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert
My wife defaulted a 2008 HP CPU, with a Vista 32bit
My wife defaulted a 2008 HP CPU, with a Vista 32bit operating system. Currently I've had to update everything. My issue is that I can't seem to get service pack1 installed. Windows Update allows me to… read more
Byron
Byron
IT Support Specialist,
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi only. I cant get it
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi only. I can't get it to connect to my PC so I can transfer media files. The Samsung video show just connecting with the USB cable and then it should be recognized… read more
kweiner
kweiner
Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
I am trying to download some new songs onto my Zune; however,
I am trying to download some new songs onto my Zune; however, the program keeps saying "no device connected". My computer does come up with a pop-up saying "Found New Hardware Zune". I have followed a… read more
Adam
Adam
My computer will not complete the downloading of Microsoft
My computer will not complete the downloading of Microsoft updates. When I attempt to download, the message states "Download Complete". However, after several seconds the update icon re-appears time a… read more
Omar C
Omar C
Computer Information Systems Analyst,
My computer has not done automated updates since 9/13/2009
My computer has not done automated updates since 9/13/2009 and my computer locks up when I try to run "update". There are 48 updates that have not loaded. What can I do? I have Vista Home Premium 32 b… read more
Steven Cragg
Steven Cragg
Managing Director, Head Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a sony vgn-fs920. Im trying to flash the bios to be
I have a sony vgn-fs920. I'm trying to flash the bios to be able to run vista and when i run the bios update that i got from sony's website it says cannot read system information and fails. Any ideas?… read more
Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent
Company director/Engineer,
City & Guilds 224
Windows v.8 will not permit my connection to my Gmail account
Windows v.8 will not permit my connection to my Gmail account for some unknown reason except perhaps the site has no rating that Windows 8 recognizes. What can I do to remedy this handicap to reading … read more
Computer2010
Computer2010
Software development,
i have a recently purchased acer aspire 8930 with windows xp
i have a recently purchased acer aspire 8930 with windows xp home edition installed on it. for the second time in two weeks, it is getting hung up on trying to install an update. the message reads, "c… read more
Ansh P.
Ansh P.
System Analyst,
Hi, I have Windows Vista, and just recently each time I start
Hi, I have Windows Vista, and just recently each time I start to boot up my system, the screen goes blank and I get an error message saying "Out of Range". I then have to switch of the computer, switc… read more
R.J. Poirier
R.J. Poirier
Information Systems Specialist,
i keep having the software licencing error 80070426. When i
i keep having the software licencing error 80070426. When i try and restart the service the computer keeps going click click and nothing happens. I have tried to run System Mechanic etc and noting chn… read more
Computer2010
Computer2010
Software development,
I tried to install Windows updates and it failed. Gave me the
I tried to install Windows updates and it failed. Gave me the error code 643. Since this happened, I cant brouse the web as it has affected my Internet Explorer. Any advice? I've already tried to do "… read more
bineesh
bineesh
System Support Engineer,
Stop searching for answers—
Im trying to update my girlfriends laptop which is failing
I'm trying to update my girlfriends laptop which is failing to update Windows Vista service pack 1. Getting error code 0x80070002. I've already done research and have stopped the automatic update clea… read more
Computer Software Engineer,
Upgraded my Acer laptop with the service pack that came up
Upgraded my Acer laptop with the service pack that came up on my laptop. I believe service pack 1 and now I cannot use my laptop and I have tried to restore and cannot get anywhere but to a black scre… read more
Travis B.
Travis B.
Computer Technician,
Im doing this as a kind of last resort. I have a HP quad-core
I'm doing this as a kind of last resort. I have a HP quad-core PC that I upgraded a couple weeks ago from Vista Home 64-bit to Windows 7 Home 64-bit. I've already been in touch with HP's support, but … read more
Amit - The Real Computer Expert
Amit - The Real Computer Expert
Master of Philosophy
why wont my windows vista start after downloading and installing
why won't my windows vista start after downloading and installing windows vista service pack 2?… read more
Qin Xia
Qin Xia
hello fellows, I bought a Western Digital My Passport Essential
hello fellows, I bought a Western Digital My Passport Essential 320 GB USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive WDME3200TN, but it is not identified by my VISTA Ultimate anyway! Does someone here has an idea, what… read more
Maggie P
Maggie P
HNC Computing
I have a problem with windows vista.....aol was downloading ...
I have a problem with windows vista.....aol was downloading an upgrade.....asked to restart my computer but has froze on an windows vista screen....the message i have is "Please do not power off or un… read more
Geek Squad Matt
Geek Squad Matt
Special Agent,