Stephen Johnson
Stephen Johnson, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Dell - DCSE 1000 Client Foundations
92166456

Media experts... I have a complaint against Travelocity.

Customer Question

For Social Media experts...
I have a complaint against Travelocity. They gave me a rental car deal but didn't tell me I needed a $35 taxi ride to an offsite to get my car. I thought I'd just get off the plane, get my car and have a great time.
Nope! I went to what I thought was the pre-arranged place at the airport rental counter for Dollar Rental. They said they can't rent it to me at that price. If I used a 3rd party my rental is with a different Dollar site.
Get this. I had to take a taxi for $35 and a very confused driver ("I've never heard of this before") to Treasure Island where the rental counter was. I had to drag my luggage through the casino to the 2nd floor...dragging 2 heavy bags, a laptop and a camera through the casino. The soft rug of the casino floor is not friendly for dragging heavy objects. Then I found a desk in the hallway on the 2nd floor after going up an escalator trying to balance all of my things on that tiny escalator step. I met the agent who was sympathetic took care of the reservation and said the cars are on the 5th floor. This looked like an afterthought. I was a tiny counter shoved in some hallway. Anyway, I drag my things to the elevator and to the 5th floor.
I get off figuring the ordeal is over. Not quite! There was no sign saying 'Dollar Rental Car'. Nothing! I look right I look left! I drag my things over here and over there in the parking structure. Nothing! Even though it was early AM I'm sweating. It's Vegas! Finally I see a couple heading over to some cars and I saw some lined up. I figured that could be it. It was. What an ordeal!!!
Nowhere on the website does it mention 'taxi required to reach rental office' or anything of that nature. There was no shuttle available like with most rentals if they're not on-site.
Nope, you just have to pay a taxi fee that you didn't know you were going to encounter.
Where/how can I post my dissatisfaction online? I'm usually pretty go-with-the-flow but if something's ridiculously out-of-whack I want others to know about it. Thanks a lot!
By the way, I checked and there was nothing on the reservation suggesting a taxi ride would be required to reach the car!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Stephen Johnson replied 1 year ago.

Hello Steven,

my name is ***** ***** will glad to help with your request today.

At https://www.travelocity.com have you tried the Feedback option under the Support dropdown menu?

Here is an independent site for reviews, which has some Travelocity reviews and you are able to add your own, too.

Here is another option at trustpilot: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.travelocity.com

Opps, looks like I didn't paste the first link: https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.travelocity.com

Here is another one: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/travelocity.html

I look forward to helping you again, if needed.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Stephen!

Glad to be of service. Let me know if there is anything else. :)