Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I uploaded Windows 10 and the screen says welcome to Windows

Customer Question

I uploaded Windows 10 and the screen says welcome to Windows 10. However, it says next and when you chick on next it repeats itself with nothing on the screen help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Hold down the power button until the machine turns off.

Wait a few seconds and press power again to restart.

Keep an eye on the Next buttton. It will change color, slightly, when it becomes active.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to get the Next button to work so you could move to the next screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not work so don't charge my credit !
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

This may take more than one attempt. On the Welcome screen what is the name that you see displayed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jimmy
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

In the lower left portion of the screen, left click on "I'm not Jimmy" a couple of times.

The goal here is to get a message that pops up on your screen saying the "Program is not responding"

When you see that, click the option to close the program. Your screen will turn black but you'll still

be able to use the mouse cursor. If you can get this to happen, restart the machine and it should be able

to complete the setup. I had this happen on a laptop last night and this is what I had to do to fix it.

If you click on I'm not Jimmy and it responds, follow the prompts that it's asking until you are able

to get into the machine. You aren't going to lose any data.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not working
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

What happens when you click on "I'm not Jimmy" ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get a blue circle overtime nOT JImmy
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Ok. After you click on it and the blue circle is spinning around, hold down the power button to shut off the computer.

Start it up after waiting a minute or two. Microsoft doesn't give you a lot of options in this situation.

Before your restart the computer make sure there is nothing else plugged in to it.

If you're using a laptop, the only thing plugged in should be the power cord.

If you're using a desktop, only the keyboard, mouse and monitor and power cord should be attached.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing works. I guess I need to call microsoft
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

What's the brand and model of your PC/laptop?

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Jim. On your Welcome screen do you have the 3 icons sitting in the lower right corner of your screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Can you restart your computer, then press F8 repeatedly on startup. Does this take you to a new screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

How about F11 on startup?