Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

How do I send a link with yahoo mail in windows 10? When the

Customer Question

how do I send a link with yahoo mail in windows 10? When the window for yahoo mail asks for "user name" and password, I am told to enter correct password, which I do (usual password ***** nothing happens and it asks again? Hope you can help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, why would you ask that when I simply want to know how to send links via yahoo? I changed my password (again) as just requested but all I would like to be able to do is send links (which I was able to do until windows 10????)

You do simply want to send links but you cannot because for some reason, you are not able to login to the Mail. As you stated, it rejects your password ***** though the password ***** ***** It does sound simple, but it actually is not. However, if you don't want me to remote in, we can continue here. Which application are you using to login to your Yahoo mail?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what u mean about which application, I use Firefox and obviously windows 10. When I try to link something I get Yahoo's blue page asking for user id and password..., then it won't do anything else (even when I try to reset it). It works in yahoo homepage and email but will not let me forward links from other sites.

So are you using the Mail app to send links using your Yahoo address? And you are able to login to Yahoo Mail from the webmail?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that is my problem, I would like to be able to do that. But cannot login from webmail, what do I have to do to correct this? (please don't say password)

What is the email address and the password, i'll try from my side.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
email address is***@******.***, not sure of password ***** since i couldn't get in and changed it three times in fifteen minutes before I contacted you???? Not good I know but my address should help.

What is the phone number ending in 02

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none of ours? (sorry had to get kids settled). What are you doing now?

I see that number on your account. I am trying to reset the password.

There's also another number ending in 53. If that is yours type me the full number here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

a text message has been sent to this number with a code. Type that code to me here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oops, cannot do that because it is a landline!

Do you have access to your shaw.ca email?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, my bad I received QYTZNJZY is this correct?

I'll have to re-do the process now. Did you receive it on the 53 number?

A new code should now have been sent. Please type it quickly otherwise the session will time out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kamil I have received three verification codes:FKVCEQYX
QYTZNJZY
WRFNVWHD what do they mean??? And what do I do with them to resolve my issure?

We have to do this quickly, You responded me after about 13 minutes. The session has expired and the code is of no value now. Please let me know when you are ready to respond quick. These are codes we need to reset your password, but because you replied late, they expired.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok what are they?

Are you now ready? If yes, i will request the code to be resent.

a new code is now sent, type the new code to me only here.

The session will expire again, please type the code quickly.

This is the 4th attempt, and it has expired again (because of late response). If i do more attempt, it can result in your account being locked out for 72 hours.