When I turn on skype, I see a very small part of me on the

Customer Question
bottom of the screen....
when I turn on skype, I see a very small part of me on the bottom of the screen. the rest is gray with the x'ed out camera symbol. my laptop camera broken?
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: Lenovo G50...it worked fine months ago when I used it. this time I open it screen was bad
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i downloaded easy camera again., i reinstalled Skype 3 times.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: that's about it. thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
7/6/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Can you open the camera software and let me know, if you see your image or not ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There was a error code OxAOOF4271(0xCOOD3704)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

As you have asked , I have send the remote support offer, please accept it and reply me back for the instructions to start it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already gave $40?
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 1 year ago
Robert M., Consultant

the camera may or may not be broken what it is saying is that the skype is not getting any signal from it.

in the skype go to tools /options OR press ctrl +

then select video settings

make sure that it has the proper webcam selected

it should say that there is a signal and show it

If it can't pick it up or gives an error please let me know if this is an internal webcam or one that you plug in by usb. and the exact make and model of the webcam or the laptop if it is internal.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its right camera. Lenovo easy camera. No where do I show signal strength. Camera built in laptop

tools / options

then click video settings on the left

you should see a moving picture if the proper camera is selected and it is getting a good signal

you can click on webcam settings to see more information

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see me in the moving picture but its not a full picture. I see only 1/8 of the moving picture on the bottom of the screen. The rest is gray with the crossed out camera symbol. It would be ok if I just wanted to show my eyes

well that is interesting. If you have not done so already please try just rebooting the computer and then opening the skype first. Sometimes these things happen just because there was too much stuff running on the computer and it hasnt got enough memory to display the whole thing.

Otherwise i would try uninstalling and re installing the skype.

Robert M., Consultant