I'm locked out of my ASUS Windows 7 laptop. I forgot the

Customer Question
password ***** I don't have...
I'm locked out of my ASUS Windows 7 laptop. I forgot the password ***** I don't have a recovery disc
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: K53U
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Honestly other than trying to restart if a few times I have no idea where to start
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
7/4/2016
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

We can reset the laptop to factory settings using the instructions below.

Please note: Resetting to factory defaults will erase all photos, documents, custom settings, etc. Your laptop will be just like it was when you took it out of the box.

1. Small Business >
  2. Business Technology & Customer Support >
  3. Laptops

How to Restore an ASUS Laptop to the Factory Settings

by Ruri Ranbe, Demand Media

Your business might need to restore an ASUS laptop to its factory settings for a variety of reasons. Formatting the hard drive and reinstalling the operating system can eliminate virus infections, revive the computer from system failure, and even improve computing performance. Erasing the contents of the drive is also critical if you intend to sell the laptop; if you neglect to do this, the next owner will be able to access your critical business data. ASUS laptops contain a recovery partition that includes software designed to restore the laptop to its original condition.

Step 1

Power on or reboot the ASUS laptop. When the ASUS logo screen appears, press "F9" to access the hidden partition.

Step 2

Press "Enter" when Windows Boot Manager appears. Choose your language from the options and click "Next."

Step 3

Review the on-screen messages and then click "Next." Select one of the following options: "Recover Windows to First Partition Only," "Recover Windows to Entire HD" or "Recover Windows to Entire HD With Two Partitions."

Step 4

Click "Next" and follow the on-screen instructions to restore the ASUS laptop to the factory defaults.

I apologize. I hit send before I intended to. Please begin with STEP 1 and ignore the links (1,2,and 3) that aren't relative to your problem. Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you.

Andy, Computer Consultant