Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have windows 7 and I can't get it into recovery mode. go

Customer Question

I have windows 7 and I can't get it into recovery mode. go to recovery then advanced ,no backup hit restart. comes back saying it can't do this. Help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.

It could be that your recovery partition is damaged. What manufacturer/model computer is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pavilion 500
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information. It sounds like you are attempting to start the System Restore from within Windows. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long before he can do secure remote assistance ?????
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.

There appears to be a payment issue for the Secure Remote Assistance service, which our Customer Service team will reach out to you about. In the meantime, however, we can continue working via chat. Can you tell me: are you looking to restore this computer to factory condition, or are you wanting to reset its configuration to an earlier date?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Restore to factory condition.
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.

Let's give this a shot:

• Remove any external devices attached to the HP Pavilion, such as any printers, scanners, smartphones or portable media players.

• Restart the computer.

• Press the "F11" key once your computer turns back on to access the HP Recovery Manager.

• Click the "System Recovery" option in the window that appears, and close the "Microsoft System Restore" window that appears.

• Click "Next" in the System Recovery window to initiate the recovery process. The recovery utility reformats the hard drive and returns the software to the original operating condition.

Does that work? Please let me know!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO. states Boot manager missing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello ???
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.

I see. Go ahead and restart your computer, and let it boot back into Windows. Once there, we are going to create a recovery disc set which we can then use to restore your computer to factory condition.

Please follow the instructions you will find here to create your recovery media set:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867124

Once you have your recovery discs created, put Disc #1 into your optical media drive and reboot your computer. Your computer should have been configured at the factory to allow for CD/DVD booting; if it does not work, we may need to change a setting (let me know). If your optical media drive is set as a bootable device, this will open the Recovery Manager and you will be able to proceed with your recovery from this point.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
doesn't help I hav recovery disk from HP good by
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your computer.

reboot the computer and let me know on which screen its getting stuck?