Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

Is there any way that I can retrieve my messages from my

Customer Question

Is there any way that I can retrieve my messages from my storage folders that have been completely deleted from my Windows Live Mail...
I upgraded to Windows 10 and wasn't satisfied so went back to Windows 7.. In the process I must have deleted all of my messages in my storage folders. thanks for any help you can give me
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gloria! It's a bit of a long shot, but it *may* be possible using the Outlook.com web interface.

To give it a try, login to your mail account at www.outlook.com. When you're there, click into your Deleted mailbox, and then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. At the bottom, you'll find a link which says "Lost a message? When you recover deleted messages, we bring back as many as we can." Click the link in that sentence.

With any luck, your messages will now show up in the "Deleted" folder, from which they can be moved back into the Inbox or any other folder you choose.

I hope this helps!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clicked on www.outlook.com and it said it wasn't a good web page
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does it cost if you connect and fix it?
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.

The remote assistance option is $39. However, let's try this alternative address first so that you wouldn't have to pay anything else: mail.live.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried and there were no messages to retrieve.. guess I lost them..
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.

I does sound that way, unfortunately. :-(

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much have I been charged already for this info? Is the additional $39 extra from the $5.00 deposit and the fee that was first mentioned $44.? I'm a senior of a fixed income so I need to know the exact amt so I won't overdraft my acct.. thanks.
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.

As of now, it appears you have been charged $44. However, I will be escalating this to our Customer Service team to see if they will refund it to you, since I couldn't help recover your messages.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess if it was refunded there would be enough to do the $39. Do you think you could find my messages..
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason