My dell desktop will not shut off when I push the button and

Customer Question
the screen won't get out...
My dell desktop will not shut off when I push the button and the screen won't get out of "In power save mode. I put in a new lithium a=batter last this morning because I had message the said system battery voltage is low. I have unplugged everything and re-plugged it in and the same thing keeps happening.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
6/27/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer

Thanks for posting your question on this site, After a long time, I am hearing about a Windows 95 PC, this is really an old model. Can you tell me, if you are able to power on the PC and use Windows ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Powers on but screen is locked on "in power save mode move the mouse or touch any key pad..no key will get it out nor does moving the mouse. Thus I cannot tell lif I can use anything. Last night. I got a system battery voltage was low, so replaced the lithium battery in the mother board
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think it is on Windows 95 but not sure

Thanks for the information, can you press the Caps Lock or Num Lock key and let me know, if the respective lights lit on the keyboard or not ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They do not go on

It means the problem is with the motherboard . Do you know, how to short the jumper on the motherboard to reset the BIOS ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Can you recheck and let me know the desktop model no. as I am unable to find the PC with that model no.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model is DCSM. Other number was the serial number sorry for the error
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ever thin was working until I changed the Lithium battery

Can you check at the back of the tower for any light, after you power on the PC, as old models have diagnostic lights at the back.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where the Ethernet cable gone in the top color is yellow and the bottom color is an orange/red colore

No, those are network indicator lights. There is no mention of the motherboard for this model no. so, I am giving a link below from where you will find various steps to reset the BIOS, please read the steps at first and then, try them out, which is applicable for your motherboard. Also, check that, if the lithium battery in installed correctly or not. The problem is with the motherboard end. If these steps do not solve the problem then, remove the power cord for 10 mins. and then check the issue. If still the problem persist then, unfortunately, the motherboard is defective and you have to send it for repair. Please let me know if you need any further help otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

http://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/6099/SLN284985#Shortcut_2

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it even worth getting fixed?

Honestly, not .

Are you trying those steps ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thanks for trying
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer