Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

Help! I deleted photos from a shared document in Google docs

Customer Question

Help! I deleted photos from a shared document in Google docs in Google Drive that was shared with me the owner. How as the owner can she retrieve them?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, and sorry to hear about that....Your only hope is that they are in the trash in googles cloud/docs.

1. Using a computer, go to drive.google.com/drive/trash.
  2. Right-click the file you'd like to recover.
  3. Click Restore.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay. Google had said the files were "orphaned" and for the owner to type into search box the followingis:unorganized owner:meShe's confused
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

If that does not work, I am sorry to be the one to tell you that they are gone for good, google cloud is meant to back things up in....

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

An orphaned file is a corrupted file.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Shes missing photos mostly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all photos. She asked me to delete some once I downloaded them to my Drive. We didn't understand how Google works,
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

its bad to reley just on a cloud service, its always smart to keep local copies and use the cloud. Any cloud service is not meant to have data deleted, as it assumes you KNOW what you are doing

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

unfourtanatley, unless they are in the trash like i put above, they are gone.....i'm sorry I cant make them just reappear, but that's not how it works....

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Best bet is to keep data local on PC, and do your own back ups on a portable harddrive or a thumb drive, AND use something like google cloud, then there is very little chance of anything going bad. Make sense?

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if there is anything else i can assist with, or questions I can answer. Also please take the time to rate me in the upper right hand corner as i do this for a living.