Lenovo Flex 3 1130 is stuck on "Lenovo" screen, won't boot

Customer Question
into any mode. What do...
Lenovo Flex 3 1130 is stuck on "Lenovo" screen, won't boot into any mode. What do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/20/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

How long has this been occurring?

~Franklin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Isaac,It just started. And now we're in a blue screen: "Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired"
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm currently downloading a Windows 10 ISO on my Chromebook to help with this Lenovo; once it's downloaded, how do I use it to repair the Lenovo?

Before i instruct you, please dont touch the blue screen , leave it where it is and i will send instructions.

Your info here said you have windows 7. That pc is windows 10.

Please do the following on step one of this link.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4588-system-restore-windows-10-a.html

This will not wipe your computer. This may gain us access without losing everything.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well, the drop-down menu on this website doesn't have a windows 10 option!Also, I do not know how to boot into advanced startup options when I can't even do anything except watch the blue screen flick off (which it did, 5min ago) and be replaced with yet again the blank black screen with "Lenovo" on it. How do I get into Advanced Startup Options? That link in the linked page isn't helping.

That is okay. Lets try to describe exactly what you see on your screen. It is a recovery screen.

It should ask you/give you choices. Can you tell me exactly what your screen says?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
34;Lenovo".That's it.The blue screen is gone and I don't know how to get it back.

when you powered it off and back on, is that when it gave you the recovery screen?

The novo button is a tiny small round button between your power button and usb ports

on the side of the pc. Press and hold this button with the computer off. It should put in

back to that recovery mode.

also, if you get it to initialize, can you tell me if you see one step recovery?

It will look like this:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht077084

If you hit the novo button and you see these options on the link, follow this link to help you recover.

If not, we will go from there. Just describe what you see.

~franklin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found the button (it's recessed into a tiny hole on this model) but pushing it just powers the laptop back on to the Lenovo screen. Again.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Got it! Recovery Boot Menu:Normal Startup
BIOSSetup
Boot Menu
System Recoverywhich do I pick?

I understand it may be frustrating, but lets try this one more time.

Hold that button in if you are able while the computer is 'off/powered down',

until it passes the Lenovo screen and tries to boot the recovery menu.

This may take several seconds.

System recovery. Tell me what you see next so we can do this 'together'.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Recovery
Your PC/Device needs to be repaired
A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.
Error code: 0xc0000185You'll need to use recovery tools If you don't have any installation media, contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.Press Enter to try again
Press F8 for Startup Settings
Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tehn, while I was typing that, the screen went black again.

Lets try to get there again. You can use the novo button as before.

Once we get recovery options, we are going to hit escape to go into UEFI settings.

Then we select bios settings and disable secure boot. This should keep us where we need

to be.

If all else fails, we can use to ISO you are creating or try and factory reset it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I am in UEFI settings. Tabs: INformation, Configuration, Securty, Boot, ExitUnder Boot:Boot Mode: <UEFI>
USB Boot <Enabled>What do I do>
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also as I said I'm on a Chromebook; not sure I can create a Windows 10 ISO on this one.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
AHa! Found Secure Boot under SEcurity. Disabled. Now what?

Save settings at top and exit. Then it should reboot. Tell me what you see from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Stuckon Lenovo screen again.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Back in the blue Recovery screen. Startup settings? UEFI Firmware Settings?

press the F8 for start up settings.

tell me if it gives you options or circles you back again?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it powered off again, so here we go back around.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Back to Recovery Boot Menu. Normal Startup, BIOS SEtup, Boot Menu, or System Recovery?

System recovery, then looking for start up settings

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That got me back to the blue screen. I hit F8 for STartup Settings, and it went dark, loadede awhile, then brought me back up to the blue screen again.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yep, it just keeps reloading the blue Recovery screen each time.

On the blue recovery screen, do you see anything that says advanced or troubleshooting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, it's not the one in the System Restore link you gave me.

Can you tell me if what you see looks anything like this?

http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-2330507/factory-reset-lenovo-windows-laptop.html

Also, if you have a cell, you can take a snap shot and insert it here so we can take out the guesswork.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, it's fully blue and looks like an old Windows bluescreen. It's the one I typed up for you above.20 June 2016 06:17
Isaac Franklin Isaac Franklin
Tech Support Specialist
Hi, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.How long has this been occurring?~Franklin20 June 2016 06:18
20 June 2016 06:20
20 June 2016 06:21
Isaac Franklin Isaac Franklin
Tech Support Specialist
Before i instruct you, please dont touch the blue screen , leave it where it is and i will send instructions.20 June 2016 06:25
Isaac Franklin Isaac Franklin
Tech Support Specialist
Your info here said you have windows 7. That pc is windows 10.Please do the following on step one of this link.http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4588-system-restore-windows-10-a.htmlThis will not wipe your computer. This may gain us access without losing everything.If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin20 June 2016 06:29
20 June 2016 06:31
Isaac Franklin Isaac Franklin
Tech Support Specialist
That is okay. Lets try to describe exactly what you see on your screen. It is a recovery screen.It should ask you/give you choices. Can you tell me exactly what your screen says?20 June 2016 06:32
"Lenovo".That's it.The blue screen is gone and I don't know how to get it back.
20 June 2016 06:35
Isaac Franklin Isaac Franklin
Tech Support Specialist
when you powered it off and back on, is that when it gave you the recovery screen?The novo button is a tiny small round button between your power button and usb portson the side of the pc. Press and hold this button with the computer off. It should put inback to that recovery mode.20 June 2016 06:39
Isaac Franklin Isaac Franklin
Tech Support Specialist
also, if you get it to initialize, can you tell me if you see one step recovery?It will look like this:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht077084If you hit the novo button and you see these options on the link, follow this link to help you recover.If not, we will go from there. Just describe what you see.~franklin20 June 2016 06:41
20 June 2016 06:43
BIOSSetup
Boot Menu
System Recoverywhich do I pick?
20 June 2016 06:43
Isaac Franklin Isaac Franklin
Tech Support Specialist
I understand it may be frustrating, but lets try this one more time.Hold that button in if you are able while the computer is 'off/powered down',until it passes the Lenovo screen and tries to boot the recovery menu.This may take several seconds.20 June 2016 06:43
Isaac Franklin Isaac Franklin
Tech Support Specialist
System recovery. Tell me what you see next so we can do this 'together'.20 June 2016 06:49
Recovery
Your PC/Device needs to be repaired
Press F8 for Startup Settings
Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm giving up. Sorry.

I understand.

What you need is a windows 10 install usb. You cannot create it with your Chromebook, but you can get it

here for under 10$.

http://amzn.to/28NEk5i

Once you have it, you can boot from it. Then reinstall windows.

~Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin